installing stock nvidia drivers to MSI GT70

Rory Cavanagh

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
Hey there, I've been wondering for a couple of months now if I'm ok installing the stock GeForce GTX 780m drivers onto my GT70 2od laptop. The last nvidia drivers uploaded to the MSI site are only the 327.39 drivers and I've been having trouble with certain games e.g. CoD: AW which for some reason causes eyes to flicker and glow like crazy during cutscenes (which is annoying). I know for a fact a driver update is the fix. My worry is that it disables hybrid power which nvidia no longer support, not sure what performance effect that will have. Anyone know if I'm ok to install stock gtx mobile drivers?

By the way, sorry if this is under the wrong section. I wasn't sure which section to post it in.

Carl Li

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Go to Geforce.com and download the newest official driver from Nvidia, also highly recommend you to install Geforce experience software which will update the driver automatically and notify you when there is an update

F#$% the automatic updates. Install manually. All the automatic updating utilities end up creating problems sooner or later. Failures to remove old drivers, conflicts, registry issues, the list goes on. Update manually and ALWAYS remove old versions first, preferably using Display driver uninstaller.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Carl Li

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Right, the Geforce experience software is made by NVIDIA and it is in a way more safe and more reliable to use as it only update with drivers from its official website, in case a driver problem you can always find roll back drivers and install them by yourself, it is a pain for not knowing when a new driver is released without notice.
I don't trust these third party software, they are unreliable sometimes and might contain unwanted virus and other annoying tool bars.