Intel core i5 3230M or Amd A10 5750m for gaming

mooggle

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Hello. I've found 2 laptops that i am confused about. One of them uses Richland Amd A10 5750m with Radeon HD 7970m dedicated gpu. The other uses Intel core i5 3230M with Nvidia gtx 675mx. I will be using it for gaming and studies. My question is that will the i5 laptop hold down the GPU? and also I live in an area with hot climate so I am afraid of overheating problems. Help me choose one plz.

Solution
dont go with the intel one, the hd7970m will blow away the gtx 675mx and videocard power is much more needed than cpu power for gaming. also the a10 and the i5 are both 35 watt tdp, so dont worry about this one

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

just remember that mobile gpu's are no where near as quick as desktop ones so i wouldnt be so worried about bottlenecking personally i would take an intel cpu with a discrete gpu anyday the intel cpu will more than likely run cooler and use less power, im not sure with the mobile gpu's though apparently the amd gpu is quicker and they both chew about 100watt. as for temps make sure at the very least sit in on a cooling pad with fans running if your having a gaming session, i would be more concerned about your battery while gaming :p

mooggle

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
just remember that mobile gpu's are no where near as quick as desktop ones so i wouldnt be so worried about bottlenecking personally i would take an intel cpu with a discrete gpu anyday the intel cpu will more than likely run cooler and use less power, im not sure with the mobile gpu's though apparently the amd gpu is quicker and they both chew about 100watt. as for temps make sure at the very least sit in on a cooling pad with fans running if your having a gaming session, i would be more concerned about your battery while gaming :p
[/quotemsg]

i will go with the intel cpu. thanks for the reply.

guggi4

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
dont go with the intel one, the hd7970m will blow away the gtx 675mx and videocard power is much more needed than cpu power for gaming. also the a10 and the i5 are both 35 watt tdp, so dont worry about this one

Solution