intel dual band wireless ac 7260, super micro x10slv-q

Sp_7577

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Hey
I want to install the intel wireless band ac 7260 in the super micro x10slv-q motherboard.
I have never opened a laptop before so I know how to insert the card in the slot but dont know what to do with the antennas and how to put it.
Also the necessary drivers for the same.

Thanks

Solution

Go to Control Panel then Network and Sharing center, then click "Change Adapter settings" on the left, it should show all network connections and what hardware is connected.

Sp_7577

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016

its Dell Latitude E6530.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

If that is the case where did you get "supermicro x10SLV-q motherboard" That is definitely not the motherboard in your laptop.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Ok so there are 2 different Intel 7260 cards, theres one for a laptop which is a tiny PCIe slot card with no antennas, and there is a standard PCIe x1 slot card which would go into the supermicro board, and that does have antennas.

Which do you have and what are you trying to do?

Sp_7577

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
I have the ones with the antennas , I connected it to the pcie card and fixed the card on the motherboard.. Now it isnt mentioned which of teh antennas 5ghz or the 2,4 ghz should be connected to the port 1?
And after fixing it what do I need to do.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Go to Control Panel then Network and Sharing center, then click "Change Adapter settings" on the left, it should show all network connections and what hardware is connected.

Solution