Intel graphic and Nvidia

Aiko__

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I'm not really a computer person,and i just bought a laptop last sunday. I checked the processor but not the graphic card. Intel core i5 5200u and theres an sticker on the laptop says that it's nvidia geforce gt 930. But when i started it,theres something called intel graphic appeared in the notification area,firstly i thought it's the processor but yesterday i played minecraft,i went to the setting and it stated there that my graphic card is intel hd 5500. I asked my friend and he told me that some cpu runs two graphic card. is there any ways i can check it?

Solution
Your laptop has an integrated GPU (on the i5 5200U) and a discrete GPU (the GT 930). Modern laptops won't utilize the discrete GPU unless the integrated GPU can't handle the task in order to save power. Minecraft isn't very graphics intensive, so your laptop doesn't use the discrete GPU. If you tried running more intensive games it would.

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
Your laptop has an integrated GPU (on the i5 5200U) and a discrete GPU (the GT 930). Modern laptops won't utilize the discrete GPU unless the integrated GPU can't handle the task in order to save power. Minecraft isn't very graphics intensive, so your laptop doesn't use the discrete GPU. If you tried running more intensive games it would.

Solution