Intel HD 3000

Rondeil

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I was recently looking up few laptops on bestbuy website and came to a rather "silly" stop.
Both the notebooks I was considering had enlisted the new Sandy bridge intel processor i3 2310m as CPU.
But what made me unsure was that one of them, had intel HD 3000 in the list of specifications as a vidio card, and the other one just had intel HD.

Can this be? or its just a mistake from bestbuy.com
Isn't the i3 2310 supposed to have integrated intel HD 3000?

Thanks for any help.
Rondeil

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
BestBuy's website is a bit of a mess... Check an outside source before buying from them... I've noticed mistakes in the specs before.

I know the Intel HD 3000 comes with the SB Core i7s.. But I'm not sure about i3...

I recommend waiting for one with the new AMD APU which is coming out.

The AMD APU is the CPU+GPU as a single chip with graphics capabilities higher than anything in the price class (superior to any current Intel integrated graphics).

All major laptop makers have placed major orders and there are reviews online you can find.

The Radeon HD 6620G core found on the A8-35xx series APUs is roughly about as powerful as the desktop version of the Radeon HD 5550. The Intel HD 3000 is a little more powerful than the desktop Radeon HD 5450. Therefore, the AMD's video core is more powerful.

On the CPU end, it is well known that clock for clock, an Intel Sandy Bridge CPU has better performance than the AMD Phenom II CPU. The CPU on Llano is based off of the Athlon II CPU which is a little slower than Phenom II.