Intel Rapid Storage Technology won't go away!

Mason Methot

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
On my new computer, with an Asus motherboard, I got the disk to install drivers and software and blah blah blah. One think I accidentally installed was IRST, Every time I turn on my PC I get these pop up notifications right smack in the middle of the screen (at least 4 of them) saying

Can't find target .ini: F:\Drivers\RAID\IRST\Install\Driver\Asussetuo64.ini

Once I click OK on all of them, more pop up saying

InstAll has stopped working

Then I can find a solution or close the program yaddi yaddi yada.

I thought nothing of it the first couple of times and thought I could live with it, but today I had enough and plopped back in the disc to see if I can do anything....and no. I can't even go and uninstall it with programs and features because windows doesn't have it show up.
I would show some screenshots, but I don't know how to upload them here.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

Solution
they should be in the add/remove programs under intel rapid storage driver. also make sure rst was off in the bios. if not windows may have been installed in raid mode. and if you turn off rst in the bios and the sata ports turn to achi mode the os may not boot again.
they should be in the add/remove programs under intel rapid storage driver. also make sure rst was off in the bios. if not windows may have been installed in raid mode. and if you turn off rst in the bios and the sata ports turn to achi mode the os may not boot again.

Solution

Mason Methot

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015

Well I just restarted and went into the Bios and saw that IRST was already ticked off(?) So I ticked it on then back off. Clicked save and exit and it said no changes were made(?) So I restarted and everything went fine, so far I've gone 5 minutes and not a single one of those pop ups...popped up! But, another pop up popped up (titled "Driver Versions") and it says...*Ahem* This computer currently contains versions newer than the versions you are about to install. Are you sure you want to overwrite the following drivers with the older version?

Driver Package version installed version
heci.inf 10.0.0.1204 10.0.30.1054

I know I should click "no", but, what is heci.inf?!?!?!?!? WHATS HAPPENING TO MY COMPUTER!?!?!?