Intel ultimate 6300 wifi with two antennae

daniel123244

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I was wondering if when only using to antennas in my asus g73-jh laptop if the intel 6300 card would act just like a intel 6200 card. would it be any faster? Also I dont really want to take my laptop apart and was wondering if (and i doubt this would work) I just attach a third antennae and leave it curled up the near the wifi card without running it behind the screen would it make any performance difference?

Solution
No you will not see any diffrence the 3rd antenna is for a third concurent connection making it a 450 megabit connection assuming your N router has the ability to handle all three this would make it a third faster buuuut I only know of 1 router that can do this so far and I might be assuming to much but I doubt you have this. N with a 300 mb connection gives you about 12MB a sec so about 100mb that is a tiny bit better than 100 mb wired so it should do you for most things..

T
As long as the laptop's wireless card has the "n" standard, you should be fine. Unless of course you are having problems with connectivity due to the router being rather far away from the laptop. If you want to increase performance and you do not have an "n" router, look into buying one of those.

thently

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
No you will not see any diffrence the 3rd antenna is for a third concurent connection making it a 450 megabit connection assuming your N router has the ability to handle all three this would make it a third faster buuuut I only know of 1 router that can do this so far and I might be assuming to much but I doubt you have this. N with a 300 mb connection gives you about 12MB a sec so about 100mb that is a tiny bit better than 100 mb wired so it should do you for most things..

T

Solution

mf051404

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
You could do what I did:http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1520-Internal-Wifi-Card-Help&p=15807#post15807]