Internal storage to External storage.

Feb 17, 2018
On my Samsung Galaxy J1 Android, my SD card is setup as Internal storage, I want to change it back to External storage. But don't want to loose my apps and files, I have in sd card. How can i move my apps, files and data, from my Internal SD cars storage, to External storage. Can anyone help me out please. Thanks.

Solution
You should be able to go back into "Settings" and then "Apps" and move them, individually, back to the true "Internal" storage. With the other files you would need to use the file manager on the device, if there isn't one install one, or connect the device to a computer via USB cord and move them all to an empty folder on the computer, then move them back over to the phone itself.

NOTE: If the apps were originally installed directly to the card and not moved from the device over to the card, they may not move over to the device. In such a case the only option would be to uninstall them and reinstall them on the device.
You should be able to go back into "Settings" and then "Apps" and move them, individually, back to the true "Internal" storage. With the other files you would need to use the file manager on the device, if there isn't one install one, or connect the device to a computer via USB cord and move them all to an empty folder on the computer, then move them back over to the phone itself.

NOTE: If the apps were originally installed directly to the card and not moved from the device over to the card, they may not move over to the device. In such a case the only option would be to uninstall them and reinstall them on the device.

Solution