Internet Explorer 9 RC May Arrive in February

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Viewer location privacy sounds interesting. I keep getting ads for local stuff on web pages that I visit that have nothing to do with the information I am seeking.

G

dont listen to this. websites also said that ie9 rc was going to be released in january

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]When i installed IE9 beta GTA wouldn't launch properly..[/citation]
google chrome does the same thing for some apps

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I have had some issues with IE9 for certain apps and the compatibilty mode seems to work well. It looks like a broken link just right of the address bar. Just click it and see if that solves your issue with GTA.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I downloaded it, used it about 5 times, went "oh cool", and then back to chrome I went with my trusty adblocker. When this full version finally comes out, my reaction will probably be the same.
As for the GTA problem it's funny that you guys mention that because I've been having the same problems and had no idea why. I have to press the launch button in steam about a million times for it to start.

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]When i installed IE9 beta GTA wouldn't launch properly..[/citation]

Same thing happened to me. After IE9 installed it won't launch at all. Did a system restore to before IE9 installed and now GTA launches.

WTF?

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Who the hell gives a single shit about Internet Explorer? It sucks. Seriously. Now go remove it from your computer and install a real browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]pudgychicken[/nom]Who the hell gives a single shit about Internet Explorer? It sucks. Seriously. Now go remove it from your computer and install a real browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.[/citation]

True, it did suck. But IE 9 is a huge improvement, on par with Firefox 4.0 speedwise. It's a really nice browser, but the lack of synchronization and ad blocking make it a no no for me.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i'd probably download the final release, install it and use it only if microsoft site forces me to use it. otherwise, Firefox, Opera, Chrome will do just fine.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Well one thing I can be sure of..I'll be coming to this site to read the reviews, benchmarks etc ;) Only then will I make a choice as to whether or not it's worth it. I've been using Opera a lot over the last couple of years and really like it. I run Opera and IE8 under XP with no probs; I've yet to encounter one single conflict, which is more than can be said for certain video-hosting site..yeah, you know..the one that seems to crawl a lot of the time no matter what browser you run it under.

dingo_d

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Any browser without adblock is a no go for me... Plus I really cannot find a decent browser that can match Chromes speed...

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It feels like it's been forever since the beta launch, but finally a RC build. Hopefully it will resolve some of the hangs I've been having lately.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
ie9 is :super fast" and cool and all of that but i wii be sticking to my ff because of add-ons.
seriously, they contributed a lot to the popularity of ff.
adblockplus FTW

G

Someone does not know how to look in IE9 options for popup blocks. I just looked and it does have it and exactly same kind of thing in Firefox 4 beta. Learn stuff before you speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS