Internet Explorer Users Set Sail for Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I love it, I've already switched almost exclusively. Except for a few work related sites that only work on IE, I find it does everything I need. It's nice to see a tab crash and not take out the whole browser :)

crosshares

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
it was surprising when that happened to me, first thought that came to my mind was why no one thought of this before?
Anyways, it wasn't enough to pull me away from firefox, one of the websites i go to (manga) was compromised, Avira detected it right away so all is well. But when i go in Firefox no virus attack, i guess Adblock+NoScript can really save a comp. :)

G

Chrome has a simple nice design && some interesting features, but, the zoom feature is comparable to IE6. It's the most important feature on a high resolution small sized screen(1900x1200 on 17"). IE7 is the king regarding this. Also at work this browser tends to be unusable on a p4 3 ghz if more than 5 tabs with flash are opened.
I tend to use ff3 & ie7 depending on what icon I see first.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I tried to install the Adobe Flash Player on Chrome yesterday and it wouldnt let me.. I didnt have time to mess with it though, so I Im not sure why it wouldnt install.. Anyone else run into that problem?

G

I seriously doubt the accuracy of all of these sorts of reports. Sure IE is loosing market share, but I'm 100% certain that the majority of people that are going to go out and try something like Chrome on the first few days are not going to be your run of the mill computer users which comprise the majority of IE users. Have you read a single comment from anyone that tried Chrome that didn't compare it to Firefox and/or Opera at the same time as IE? Everyone that is trying Chrome are the same people that have been exploring alternative browsers to IE for years already.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@Someone123,

I thought the same thing but I guess that's why the statistics are so interesting.

@blackened144,

I went to my favorite flash games site as soon as I downloaded chrome and it played every game I've tried without needing to install flash, so I guess its already installed.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
So, of 100% of the 1.48% of IE users that tried Chrome, 47% of them went back to IE, leaving .7% happy with Chrome.

Yep, MS must be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.