Internet lagging only on my laptop?

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
So sometimes when im playing game like Fortnite my internet just starts suddenly lagging alot, i'm teleporting etc. But when that happens it usually stops in like 1-5min. Sometimes i get disconnected from the game because of it.

I tested the same internet on phone while it was lagging on my laptop, and it was working perfectly on the phone. I had like 15 ping and 100mb download speed and 7mb upload. Anyone can help me please?

Yeah it sounds like there is an issue going on with the connection to the laptop. Doesn't mean it is the internet itself, but I would test it 'from' the laptop. Testing it from the phone would only be relevant if you were trying to see if there was any internet at all. Testing speeds from the phone while it may seem like a good idea, won't actually give you the same results.

Also, try connecting via Ethernet rather than WiFi and see if you get better speeds and a better connection. If so, then your WiFi card could also be the culprit.

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I can't use ethernet, the router is in other room and also my internet doesnt lag all the time it just cuts out randomly and starts lagging randomly. Even today it just cut out for like 10 seconds and came back. This is really affecting my gaming experience. Please help me :(

Without being able to test it via Ethernet connection, it is hard to test if your WiFi is the problem. You can try connecting an external WiFi card, they connect via the USB port, and see if one of those works fine. If it does, then it is your internal WiFi. If it still doesn't, I would start to wonder if your device is in a bad spot. Something interfering with the WiFi. And again, it can still be the ISP. The more devices are on it the more it can hav issues (depending on your provider).

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
i got disconnected from my game and checked the internet on my phone and it was working perfectly, on the pc i couldnt even use google. And then it instantly came back when i pressed this icon http://prntscr.com/j097ct

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Oh well then it must have went off but im wondering how :/

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Next time my internet lags i have to test will it work when i press that internet icon

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
okay its been happening alot again, just like 10 mins ago. i were playing fortnite and suddenly the internet stopped working and i got disconnected from the game, i was talking to my friend through discord and he could hear me perfectly even when i got disconnected. Then i opened google chrome on the pc and nothing was loading etc, i left the discord call to see if it would still work in discord but it didn't let me join the cal anymore. Same time on phone it was working perfectly. So im really wondering is there some viruses or something on my laptop, also what i found weird was that i got like 10 network adapters in my 'device manager'.

Sorry, I only answer things here. In open threads.

It sounds a lot like it is your ISP. Even if other devices don't disconnect or don't notice, it is completely possible that yours is one that will not auto log back in if there is an issue. It is very common. However, without connecting via Ethernet, there is no way to really tell if it is them or the modem/router or the WiFi on your device.