Internet Runs Certain Programs Keeps Working However Doesnt Load New Pages.

Treeline

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
So I was watching a twitch stream live (this has happened before has nothing to do with the stream) but when I would go to open a new tab it would say Server not found. However the stream didnt stop or have any lag and I couldnt open any webpages for 10 minutes until it fixed itself. Also during those 10 minutes I could type on skype and the messages would go through however the call would stop at connecting and not ring to the other person. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
It sounds like the stuff that is running is taking up a lot of your resources and while it seems like they are still running fine when this happens, they probably aren't. The fact that some of the data is downloaded already (for your access) is probably why they seem to be fine/running. Except for with Skype, as it can send messages later, but seems like they are sent now.

You may want to check with your ISP to see if they are throttling your speeds. Which is sadly very common. Also try running some internet monitoring software and see if you see any drops in your speeds.
It sounds like the stuff that is running is taking up a lot of your resources and while it seems like they are still running fine when this happens, they probably aren't. The fact that some of the data is downloaded already (for your access) is probably why they seem to be fine/running. Except for with Skype, as it can send messages later, but seems like they are sent now.

You may want to check with your ISP to see if they are throttling your speeds. Which is sadly very common. Also try running some internet monitoring software and see if you see any drops in your speeds.

Solution