iOS 10 Music: All the New Features and How to Use Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredgj

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
What about managing music that one has to manually add through iTunes, such as songs purchased through Amazon Music? Is there an easier way now in iOS 10 instead of having to download from Amazon on my PC, then drag and drop onto my phone using iTunes?

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015

It's possible, but convoluted. You can either use that method, or you can use iCloud Music Library

Full how to:
1) Import songs to iTunes
2) Enable iCloud Music Library in iTunes (under Preferences)
3) Allow your library to upload and match
4) Enable iCloud Music Library on your iOS device (Settings > Music > iCloud Music Library)
5) Open Music
6) Tap LIbrary
7) Find upload by Artist, Albums, etc.
8) Tap Add icon
9) Tap Download icon

jaredgj

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Great thank you

wildguydujour

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
"While testing the public beta, I reset my iCloud Music Library and reuploaded my collection, and to my pleasant surprise, songs are correctly matched and sounding great — a 180-degree turnaround from my previous experience with Apple Music."

An article on precisely how to 'reset and upload' would be helpful...

Antivirus1198

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
i have same question
What about managing music that one has to manually add through iTunes, such as songs purchased through Amazon Music? Is there an easier way now in iOS 10 instead of having to download from Amazon on my PC, then drag and drop onto my phone using iTunes?

RAVLOGz

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
How the hell do you use repeat in this new version? I cant seem to find the damn button anywhere!

msneft

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
My music plays only on shuffle. Tapping the shuffle "button" above the track list does nothing. Also missing are the repeat buttons. Is it me or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.