iOS 6.0.2 Users Report Increased Battery Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
In particular, the latest update appears to have increased the number of WiFi checks it performs to resolve wireless connection issues.

Kinda reminds me of AMD's first Phenoms' flaws. Stability or 10% performance hit.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
hence why i'm not updating until a better update is released. Then when my contract is up i'll buy myself the Galaxy S4 (when its released) and deal with the problems with the Android UI. Because every OS on every phone has its own problems. But i'd rather support a company that doesn't try and tear a hole in everyones face.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
"Someone is punishing iOS users for not using better judgement and using Android."

I would say that but that would be childish and Fandroid-like, so I won't say that. It might be true...but it'd be childish, so I won't say that.

pat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2001
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Kinda reminds me of AMD's first Phenoms' flaws. Stability or 10% performance hit.[/citation]
you mean the bug that only AMD has been able to reproduce and never really cause problemto anyone, me included? One of, if not the mostoverhyped bug in CPU history...

raidenfox123

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
I have a Iphone 4S for my work phone and noticed that when I went from IOS 5 to 6.01 there was a huge descrease of battery life. Good thing I have not updated it to 6.02 or it would die before I get through half my day

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]emmawq[/nom]just as Esther responded I am dazzled that someone can profit $9300 in one month on the computer. did you look at this link www.fb26.com[/citation]

Esther's a whore.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
seems weird, especially the comment "Today I barely used my phone at all, and I noticed I was down to 40 percent after 3 hours of being off the charger. This is a significant change in battery drain."

the user must either have a failing battery (stupid design if using an internal battery), or something else is wrong.

I have used both the iphone 4 and 4s and have done battery test where I stream content from a media server until the battery dies and you can easily go 6-7 hours and that is with the wifi constantly being used and the GPU being worked and some minor CPU usage it seems that apple has messed up more than just wifi, they may have also done something that is causing the CPU to either run at a higher load or not scale down, in addition to messing up the wifi, and possibly some messing up of the cellular modem.

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Seriously, they cant even manage just one phone device in their ecosystem right? Just imagine how much effort goes in managing Android for so many devices out there for much lesser profits. Yes Android fragmentation is complex, but I laud Google for the effort and passion that goes into its development.
Dammit Apple,You had one thing to do!

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
You know something is wrong when people with iPhone 4 and 4s say the 6.0.2 update drains their battery faster than before. Wake up people, there is no 6.0.2 for these models so someone is telling porkies!

ibnmuhammad

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom] But i'd rather support a company that doesn't try and tear a hole in everyones face.[/citation]

Interesting, I'd like to know how the company is "tearing a hole in your face"?

Unless you mean Google, then I completely understand.
Advertisers and data collectors are some of the most evil money-milking companies, and Google happens to be both.

Tell me, has Google ever created anything new, ever?

ibnmuhammad

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
[citation][nom]guru_urug[/nom]Seriously, they cant even manage just one phone device in their ecosystem right? Just imagine how much effort goes in managing Android for so many devices out there for much lesser profits. Yes Android fragmentation is complex, but I laud Google for the effort and passion that goes into its development.Dammit Apple,You had one thing to do![/citation]

Ignorant comment.

As a dev, I can tell you that if Google is intelligent enough, they have hardly anything to worry about due to vector-based scaling techniques.

It's Samsung / HTC / Sony / LG / etc who might have a bit more effort in making the OS work for various devices.
But even still, Android is such a pig of an OS, a huge beast that I believe requests from various handset manufacturers (Android Alliance) have forced Google to pre-package support for most device types out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.