iOS 6 Adoption Reaches 61 Percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
The release of MS Surface will speed up the adoption of Win8, as well.
This is a DUH! article.

Quite a few of these early adopters already regret the fact that they can't roll back to iOS5. Too bad they can't get nandroid.....

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I think Apple will have a tough time over the next couple of years. They haven't really invented anything new. Their OS still looks the same, and what? The phone got longer?

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Yea, I waited to upgrade to iOS 6, and decided not to after hearing my friends complaints. I am still on iOS 5 and I intend on staying there until maps is working like it should.

G

seriously, as bad as iOS is, and as bad as Apple as a company is, Google should really find a way for a seamless upgrade experience for Android phones. I'm lucky because I have a Galaxy Nexus at the moment, but it really sucks for those with less technical know-how and not using a Nexus phone!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I could have my facts wrong but I thought with the latest Android you lose support for Flash. From what I keep reading in the comments a lot of people want the Jelly Bean, and so it appears they want to lose support for Flash. I always thought that Flash support was one of Android's strong points.

My Transformer Infinity has Jelly Bean and I honestly don't see what's so much better than ICS.

eternalkp

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
iOS6 sucks
it's nearly impossible to revert back to 5.1.1
good job for abandoning the beloved youtube app apple
google youtube app are full of ads and it's NOT HD

my iphone4 is dying on iOS6. super slow. many times i want throw my phone out the window

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]redplanet3000[/nom]seriously, as bad as iOS is, and as bad as Apple as a company is, Google should really find a way for a seamless upgrade experience for Android phones. I'm lucky because I have a Galaxy Nexus at the moment, but it really sucks for those with less technical know-how and not using a Nexus phone![/citation]

Go back to worshiping Steve Jobs at boing boing or whatever that site is called.

Google has no control over that.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I thought that Apple didn't have fragmentation in their software platform ... ? Last time I checked they love to say Android is fragmented because there are devices running older versions with less functionality ... seems to me when you don't have everyone on iOS 6 at the same time you have fragmentation.

Oh, and my wife has told me she never intends to upgrade her iPad 2 to iOS 6 because she doesn't want to deal with AppleMaps or see her You Tube interface vanish.

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I upgraded iPhone 4s to iOS 6 and it's flawless except of missing Google street view.

Map app generally works well and youtube app has no problems. But two iPads, we have, are staying on iOS5 for now, hopefully until Apple has a street view equivalent.

Apple, wtf with missing street view?

-IvanTO

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
61% suckers.

If your business partner doesn't show up for an appointment on time and/or gets lost, chances are he is one of the 61% ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.