IPAD 2 unresponsive

robin1hudson

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Ipad 2 was dropped replaced screen/lcd would not power up, no lights, logo and not seen in itunes, replaced power flex charging port battery and tried different plugs/chargers. home power buttons tried. Still completely unresponsive. any suggestions what to try next ?

Solution
Scenario 1: You need an Apple OEM cord and wall plug. I didn't believe this theory the first time I heard it. But as an owner of a repair shop I invested in one to put the issue to rest. It does work and everytime I repair an Apple device i plug it into an OEM charger and it comes right up no problem. Why? OEM sends a signal to the devices informing it all is ok. It will not connect to computer in this state.
Scenario 2: Battery is disconnected or bad charging port/disconnected charging port. You may want to check all your connections again. If they seem fine try replacing the charging port. You would be surprised how easily they go bad. This would explain a disconnect to computer.
Scenario 3: Short in the Logic board. This is an...

DataNate

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Scenario 1: You need an Apple OEM cord and wall plug. I didn't believe this theory the first time I heard it. But as an owner of a repair shop I invested in one to put the issue to rest. It does work and everytime I repair an Apple device i plug it into an OEM charger and it comes right up no problem. Why? OEM sends a signal to the devices informing it all is ok. It will not connect to computer in this state.
Scenario 2: Battery is disconnected or bad charging port/disconnected charging port. You may want to check all your connections again. If they seem fine try replacing the charging port. You would be surprised how easily they go bad. This would explain a disconnect to computer.
Scenario 3: Short in the Logic board. This is an expensive fix, you would need an experienced shop that specializes in micro soldering to confirm this for you. New logic boards are $$$ and you do not get to recover your data if you just replace it as all the data is stored on the chip onboard.
Hope this helps!

Solution