iPad 3 Coming this Fall??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
are Apple taking the P**s out of their customers ? Ipad 2 has only just gone into production to improve on the feature lacking original ipad.... and now the thirs version has been announced for later in the year ?

This stinks of "We know are products are flawed.... we know they are overpriced... but we dont care about our customers"

HTC / Asus have tablets coming out next month - i know where my money is going.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
If one of these tablets is a 7" (So they are not directly competing with each other) it wouldn't shock me. Although I doubt they'd class the 7" a successor like the Ipad 3, more of an alternative.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Boy oh boy, the Haters on Tom's are so blinded by their dislike of Apple they lack common sense.

Do laptop manufacturers only make a single laptop at a fixed price point and with a single screen size? So why not an iPad and an iPad Pro? More expensive version for people who want it. Or an iPad and an iPad Light. I don't see how having different versions of the iPad is ripping customers off.

Geez, get a life already.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well, this seems a bit unlikely. If this is true or even not, then this news will adversely affect iPad 2 sales, for people would wait for iPad 3 to upgrade from their iPads.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
The more logical route would be a 7" miniPad. But considering that that would basically place them last to the 7" tablet market, I still have my doubts.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Boy oh boy, the Haters on Tom's are so blinded by their dislike of Apple they lack common sense.Do laptop manufacturers only make a single laptop at a fixed price point and with a single screen size? So why not an iPad and an iPad Pro? More expensive version for people who want it. Or an iPad and an iPad Light. I don't see how having different versions of the iPad is ripping customers off.Geez, get a life already.[/citation]

Really, what they do is different configurations to accommodate certain users. The reason people are ''hating'' this is because Apple is notorious for showing just how wasteful they are on their marketing. Constantly playing games with loyal consumers to get their money.

thlillyr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Wow. I've always said that apple master plan is design and extrodianrily brilliant device. Then strip all of the good parts of it out and sell it. Then add it one part and relaunch it and then do it again till you get the whole product completed. That way you basicly resale the same device 5 different times. No to mention you can't use these devices without using itunes or apples app store of wich they make a profit of aswell. What their trying to do is manipulate economics. They are tring to make a nonrival product rival. Meaning make one product and have the same person buy it over and over again. It's offensive and greedy. Damn you apple stop profitering and get back to innovating and revolutionizing the electronic industry and give us you best the first time around not 4 years and 15 platform updates later.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
@seboj - it's better to be late to the party than never with the 7" version,,, I'm sure there are alot of people holding off for a smaller ipad

G

Boy oh boy, the Haters on Tom's are so blinded by their dislike of Apple they lack common sense.

Do laptop manufacturers only make a single laptop at a fixed price point and with a single screen size? So why not an iPad and an iPad Pro? More expensive version for people who want it. Or an iPad and an iPad Light. I don't see how having different versions of the iPad is ripping customers off.

Geez, get a life already.

No, they don't lack common sense. The price tiering of the different storage size and the 3G radios of their devices makes sense and no body is contesting that. They are not blinded by hate, they are haters because they know that Apple has a track record of releasing products that lack basic hardware or software that other phone makers have included in there phone 5 years ago before theirs. And when they do release a product that has hardware/software that is should of included from the start they advertise it as a revolutionary. I had a iPhone 3G and now a iPhone 3GS, which I couldn't enjoy more. There is no acceptable reason why my iPhone 3G could not record video, it's crap. They release an IOS update, now it can record video, but in a lower resolution than the 3GS. Cydia offered Cycorder, which recorded great video so it's just ridiculous. Now they updated my IOS again, why? Because they are trying to cover their phone reception problems. So instead of having my iPhone 3GS "Searching..." and make my apple device drain battery like any other phone that is searching for signal it's easier to just update my device so it is stuck at 1 bar, but I have no service. I can't call or use data (web email), "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the Internet". If I don't have a real connection, don't say I do! I remember back in the day with older phone, you could have bad coverage and move your phone around to different areas find one bar and know you had "real" service.

ericburnby, the biggest apple haters out there on the web are not android, blackberry, nokia, and Win7 Phone fanboys, they are ex-apple owners that have been burned too many times and have decided enough is enough.

-An on the fence iPhone 3GS user that is eligible for an upgrade.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
So my wife's cousin's best friend's boyfriend heard from some guy that pple has a surprise for everyone this fall.

That's what this article sounds like. It seems that Aple launches products on a tight schedule, but a schedule. If the HP product hits in the summer, how does that hit against a next spring launch of the iPad3. How much would iPad2 sales slow over the holidays as people wait for the iPad3? This is speculative journalism at best (no slight against Tom's - they're simply summarizing what others wrote).

new information dictates that this fall surprise is related to a supposed iPad 3.

Where is that from? Why couldn't it be that Apple is going to announce a new form of Apple Pad with OS X on it, so power users get the fun of a pad?

What an industry. Writers
the HP TouchPad to the unknown iPad2 - without real specs. Really? Nothing against speculation, but please don't put it out there as established fact.

As for surprises from Apple, everything they do is a surprise because it's magical, innovative and revolutionary, no matter how long it's been around.

G

@ericburnby

but the iPad is not a laptop, not even close, it's a giant size iPhone and last i checked we dont have iPhone Pro or iPhone Lite running around, although there is arguably an iPhone XL edition......

and it would seem very counter to Apple's 'it just works' mantra of simplicity, most people have no idea what they will use the iPad for other then web surfing let alone why they would need an iPad Pro over an iPad Lite, if you make them question that then they may well question why they need an iPad at all

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]They are not blinded by hate, they are haters because they know that Apple has a track record of releasing products that lack basic hardware or software that other phone makers have included in there phone 5 years ago before theirs. [/citation]

Hey Cupcake... The first iPhone came out and there were no phones in the US that came close... I remember because I was using a brand new blackberry for work that had the sh*tiest browser known to man and the lamest aftermarket software known. The competitors were Palm which totally misjudged the market and became a grand FAIL - I hope HP can resurrect what was fantastic about Palm (I also owned one of those when they were worth buying).

I'm all about giving Apple sh*t when they drop the ball, antennas, software updates that killed my 3G, but don't go rewriting history just so it sounds better in your head. They made a market of phones and opened the door for Android - which I think is fantastic because its competition to Apple so they don't go the way of Microsoft. Blackberry has only become better because Apple raised the bar for them as well... You make money buy what you want but give credit where it's due... And I used Cydia and Cycorder on my 3G... It crashed quite a bit and I got tired of that - They are in it to make money just like every company in the world...

"Capitalist business is based on the ability and willingness of a population to spend their resources on a product. Apple and Android are both businesses that have found a niche providing a product to a segment of a population with both the means and desire to purchase that product. If you're not willing to pay the prices needed to have these products, that's fine, don't buy the products. Just don't trash the product and those of us who have the desire and ability purchase them."

hugs and kisses

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Apple can do this because they serve a population that has the kind of income to buy ipad type items as disposable toys. they like the refresh because they don't care about the money and many have kids to hand down to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS