iPad 3G Tether Support Seen in iOS 4.2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I still state, as I have at work many times, these tablets are nothing but a fad. The development and design of the touch phones now have far more capabilities then these could ever hope to have, and yet, cost roughly the same price. Sorry, but, I'll save my money and just hope they put that extra development into better cell reception then trying to make a 7-10" phone that can't dial. Cheers

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
So uhh, Apple had the iPad and iPhone backwards it seems.
Multitasking, folders, and wireless printing is stuff that should have shipped with the iPad, not something that appears on it 5-6 months after. The fact that these features appeared on an phone before the iPad just doesn't make sense.

I personally feel no need to have tethering on the any mobile device. I'm already surrounded by the internet at home and at work. I really don't see why I need it have the internet while I'm driving between home and work as well. I can wait those extra 15 minutes to check my email and surf the internet.

But then again, I'm someone who doesn't feel any need to have an tablet or a smart phone. Maybe those people out there who are so dependent on their smartphone/tablet will appreciate a tethering feature.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
The R&D that goes into phones goes in pretty much identically to tablets. Especially with the iPad cuz they are running the same OS.

Also, don't be surprised to see calling features pop up on tablets. Google Voice works on android, and as such any android tablets (galaxy tab) will have calling features. Plus there's always Skype and stuff.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
oooh jeez!! thats Steve Jobs IOS leaked!!! of course its not a normal beta!!! was this beta found on a bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.