Ipad Air 2 - Do I need an anti-virus/malware security suite when I surf the internet with an Ipad?

gak1952

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
I've just bought an Ipad Air 2 and plan to use it to surf the internet. I would assume that I would need a security suite like Norton 360 to scan for viruses/malware when I visit sites/download.

I can't seem to find any information on this through Google.

I'd be grateful for any information and for any recommendations for a security suite for the Ipad Air 2.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
ONLY if you enter some weird, untrusted websites or download shady files. As long as you stick to official (common sense) websites and don't download anything shady (common sense again) you are good without an antivirus.

gak1952

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Problem with your suggestion is 1) how do I know what are a "weird, untrusted websites" and "shady files". Sometimes it is obvious. Sometimes you make a mistake. That is the very reason you have a anti-virus/malware program on your computer. It takes over when your commonsense fails. 2) suppose you want to visit "weird, untrusted websites for whatever reason?" And who is to say what is "weird."

Thanks anyway for your advice. You are right commonsense always helps. Unfortunately, it is not infallible.