iPad Gets Smashed With a Baseball Bat

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIWOLF

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2007
=/
ome people are saying I should've donated the money instead of wasting it. But my family donates money all the time. Last year we gave $10-15,000 to the Make a Wish Foundation

That's like a doctor going on a murdering rampage and saying, " Oh, its okay because I save lives all the time."

G

yes so now he's got his 2 minutes of fame +we know what not to do with it.
ain't that great.

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
I'm not outraged by his actions but I do pity him. If it was one of his parents who did that with the money they earned, I wouldn't even blink as they earned it and they can do whatever they want.

The fact that this 19-yr-old is still in high school with no sense of the value of money means he's going to have problems surviving if his folks ever decide to stop giving him money. With no grasp of the value of money, he won't ever be able to maintain a decent job long-term and what little money he can earn will keep slipping through the cracks. If his parents decided to flood him with money, that's one thing but if not, he's basically screwed for life.

I don't hate people for being rich and I don't judge how people spend their money. The amount shouldn't matter as, if the iPad was $5, I seriously doubt most of you would get on his case for wasting it. I do, however, believe that this kid will never benefit society in any way. It pains me to see people like that for their sake, not for mine.

vanchinaman

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
[citation][nom]thearm[/nom]Smart kid. This may turn out to be a great publicity move. He got interviewed by the LA Times, lots of views and comments on You Tube and who knows what else. Only he does at the moment. We may hear more about this.[/citation]
Yeah, a real brilliant move. You should probably do it to, and get in on all the action before it's considered "over hyped." I'm sure people are just racing to give him movie deals, and hot models are lining up at his door to bear his children.

Give me a break! The kid - notice, I don't, and will never know his name - like everyone else - is just an absolute moron, and you've only got a few more cells working up there if you think this is actually some sort of clever and well-thought out publicity stunt that might "pay off."

What a dipsheet. Misspelling intentional.

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]TemjinGold[/nom]I'm not outraged by his actions but I do pity him. If it was one of his parents who did that with the money they earned, I wouldn't even blink as they earned it and they can do whatever they want. The fact that this 19-yr-old is still in high school with no sense of the value of money means he's going to have problems surviving if his folks ever decide to stop giving him money. With no grasp of the value of money, he won't ever be able to maintain a decent job long-term and what little money he can earn will keep slipping through the cracks. If his parents decided to flood him with money, that's one thing but if not, he's basically screwed for life.I don't hate people for being rich and I don't judge how people spend their money. The amount shouldn't matter as, if the iPad was $5, I seriously doubt most of you would get on his case for wasting it. I do, however, believe that this kid will never benefit society in any way. It pains me to see people like that for their sake, not for mine.[/citation]

I applaud you for your thoughts sir, as they do make sense.

However, he did say that he had saved up the money himself, not his parents. And the comments about him having more ipads at home (and iphones) says nothing to me.

I know many people who buy a laptop to just "float around the house" - or people who get a deal (or even work and get an amazing deal) on iphones.

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
The real problem is with us. Think about it this way: If he had donated that 500 dollars to charity, absolutely nobody would care. The news wouldn't cover him, nobody would watch his video on youtube of him giving money, and not really anybody else would know his name. However, because he instead uses that 500 dollars to buy an ipad and smash it, suddenly its a big deal, and he gets tons of comments like these. You can't blame him.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]looks like half the people on here have no sense of humor[/citation]

It wasn't funny, just sad. Funny would have been preparing about 50 faux iPads and then smash them all in front of the iZombies in line. Hit some with a bat, drive over others, bring in someone dressed as a homeless person, offer them the iPad, only to smash it instead...that way you can really prove to the world you are funny douche bag. All his stunt proved was he was a plain douche bag, not a funny one.

Status
Not open for further replies.