iPad Hype Triples App Development in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I don't think the higher end ones will be left in the Corner, since the Memory is not upgradeable
i think more people will get the higher end ones. Keep in mind that the people that buy these toys
aren't your average consumer, they have pockets full of green and their the people that have to be cool and will pay whatever price necessary to stay ahead of the Jones.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
People are just trying to make a buck. I don't think they care if they develop for iPhone/iPad or something else...and the poor performance of these devices is not a problem to them. In a way, I understand them, they want a piece of Job's cake and try to ride the wave for as long as it lasts. It's actually up to consumers to make an informed choice when getting a device, especially one that is so limited as the iPad.
if this frenzy takes the money out of pockets that are full of undiscerning green and puts it into needy pockets, it's OK. Devs should get ALL the money for their apps, not only a fraction of it (and Jobs pocketing the rest via his stupid APP Store). That's why jailbreaking these devices is highly moral in my opinion, because it enables the user to install apps that don't go through that AppStore.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Who cares about the ipad.

It will still be a mobile device with a stripped down webbrowser. (java and flash support missing)

Its a neat idea, but it wont repleace a laptop or a netbook. (ha even a netbook has flash and java support).

I am talking about in terms of webpages I develope. So, java and flash support is critical.

I am curious how iphone/itouch programs will look on it. Will the screen stretch them? or is the ipad same amount of pixels as the iphone/itouch ?

Would the ipad still have the same stupid 10MB 3G download limit if 3G was built in?

Will the webbrowser be revamped allowing me to save files?

Can I email files other then pictures?

If any of the answer to the above questions is 'no', then I will rather use my Asus EEE.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I forgot to mention SD slot is very important, if the ipad had a big screen, then its great to view pictures without using the PC and itunes.

I look at it this way. the Ipad being bigger, wastes more space when traveling. So, its very important for the Ipad to have more features, or features closer to what a netbook can do to make up for its space. Space is tight especially when traveling. I have an hard enough time taking all my devices with me and my laptop when I go places, and I can't add another device to the pile that will not do all I need.

So, i am curious, will Ipad users own an iphone? (for a cell phone), because that would be very redundent. It would be cool, it the Ipad used bluetooth to use PAN bluetooth internet for any cell phone. That would be usefull and very pratical.

applocalypse

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
This is a sign of the coming Applocalypse.

Jonathan Ive is the first rider, and the iPod his white horse. He is the false prophet spreading music downloads to the masses like some kind of new religion. Many unsuspecting souls were baptized in the digital river of iTunes.

Jon Rubenstein is the second rider, and the Palm Pre his red horse. He spreads conflict and war with his coming, inciting the masses to fight for the iTunes they longed for. He is the trickster, wearing many faces and USB identifiers in his quest to sew hate among the unsync'd masses.

Steve Jobs is the third rider, the iPad his dark horse. He brings with him famine and drought, starving the masses of their multimedia sustenance and cheap books. His vision is singular in purpose, because people don't need to have multiple visions going at the same time anyway.

Who can predict the forth rider's identity, and what pale horse he will ride. Although it could be Steve Jobs, since he has been looking rather pale lately. But that rider will bring death to the computer world as we know it, the broken corpses of desktops and laptops crushed beneath the onslaught of handheld devices. The seals have been broken, the riders have unleashed their evil plans upon the world. Nothing can be done to stop what looms ahead.

The Applocalypse is upon us.........

doom....Doom.....DOOM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.