iPad Merged with BMW, Mercedes-Benz Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Apple user drives up in this: "Oh I see your driving your old gen tech car.. you should really think about upgrading your hardware. See I try to be part of the solution, instead of the problem"

*eyes close* GOOD FOR YOU! THANKS

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Do you have to pass a cockiness test to be allowed to own one of these?[/citation]

No, you have to pass a smug test (references to my last post, Southpark - Prius Episode).

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I still don't know what's "safe" about having a solid object positioned in front of your face which you may just faceplant during sudden braking.

G

if i were to hazard a guess the kind of cars people who buy iPad drives, it would be BMW or Mercedes

but you gotta laugh at these guys..... in trying to be relevant and cutting edge they hedge their bets on a propriety piece of technology that would become obsolete within 1 to 2 years thus making them look outdated and irrelevant

nukemaster

Distinguished
Its not much different then the iPod docs built into many cars.

Lets just hope Apple does not change the charge requirement further(Remove firewire support causing 200-300 dollar iPod docks to stop working. Or having Ipad need so much power that 500ma is not enough to charge and use it, more like 1250) and cause headaches in the future.

Trashit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]I still don't know what's "safe" about having a solid object positioned in front of your face which you may just faceplant during sudden braking.[/citation]

Yes i was thinking the exact same thing...

Patient: Doc i have a really bad headache....
Doc: Have you been riding in the back of any Benz or BMW fitted with the Apple entertainment systems?
Patient: Why yes...how did you know?!
Doc: You have an ipod lodged in your skull...

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Ridiculously overpriced tablet combined with a ridiculously overpriced car. Both are for people who fall into one of two categories: those who think it makes them better than others to own one (status symbol and/or elitism), and those who just don't know any better and just got conned by the sales rep. Many fall into both categories.
I'd rather have a Mazda 3 and a netbook. Oh wait... I do. Score.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
These 2 cars just have the iPad added as an after thought, the Brabus though... THAT is merging them. Having the iPads sticking out on a bracket is ugly, molding the interior so that the iPads integrate and look good in the car is the right way to do it.

cp8427

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Not a fan of neither. Owning a European car means you better have a separate savings account for the maintenance. The same applies for Apple products.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]I still don't know what's "safe" about having a solid object positioned in front of your face which you may just faceplant during sudden braking.[/citation]

Seat belts and shoulder harness lock into place during sudden braking. With most German cars just a sudden jolt/jar will lock the belts, so face plants just won't happen.

"Not a fan of neither. Owning a European car means you better have a separate savings account for the maintenance."

Not true. It is cheaper to repair/maintain my Benz than it is my Honda Civic.

Status
Not open for further replies.