ipad mini retina vs ipad air

pama27

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hey!
I always liked the ipad mini but it had no retina display.The big ipad was too big and heavy for me. I was like "if the mini gets retina display and great cpu i am going to get one" Now it has both, but the new ipad air got slimmer and lighter also. Such a hard decision.
I want to use the tablet for studying, surfing on internet and playing games.
I feel like the mini's size is much better for games the air is a little bit too big for me, and the mini's size would be good for browsing too. BUT I am concerned that it is not going to be big enough for reading and note taking. I'd also like to buy a stylus and replace all my excercise books with 1 tablet. Because of that last two things I think the air's size would be better, but for gaming and browsing the mini...also if I would like to bring it to the university every day smaller size would be better in point of mobility.
Cannot decide. What do you guys think? Isn't the mini too small for note-taking and studying?
Please help me to decide! :))

azm-mjza

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
i just got hard by viewing the ipad air.

if budget is not a problem for you i would suggest ipad air. its JUST 0.25 lb - 130 grams heavier!!!

you can do just as well with the mini as you can with the ipad, your body and your method of using it will adapt. either way you cant fit an ipad mini into your pocket but if you are a women, carrying it your purse would seem more "fit".

gaming, writing on the ipad air would seem a lot better.
its mobility versus everything else.

i have an ipad 2, my wifi has a mini. she takes it with her everywhere. i use my ipad 2 for productivity, more of at home or go to meetings, presentations, hence the screen size suits me better, my wife her ipad mini for gaming, mail, browsing, videos, music, and taking pictures, ipad air does all of this and BIGGER.

app for taking notes -- NOTESHELF

AaronB75

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
The mini can get a bit fiddly-ish (only tried the non retina), but unless you got really big fingers it shouldn't detract too much, except for apps with a lot of UI elements on screen and/or very small UI elements.

If you're doing a lot of reading, surfing etc in portrait mode you probably want to go with the larger iPad.

The Air CPU is clocked 100mhz higher, and keeps up the speed longer then the rMini before it's throttled down due to better heat dispersion. But since both devices are iLemons (oops) that minor speed bump shouldn't matter that much at all.

buppy1152

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
The iPad mini 3 would best suit your needs because it is lighter than the older ones and overall better than the iPad Air because the iPad Air is extremely fragile and breaks easily on the other hand the iPad mini 3 is partly tougher and easier to carry around, my friends have an iPad mini 3 and they loved it for everything school, games, homework and lots of other stuff. Not to mention it is cheaper than the iPad Air.