IPAQ Internet Connectivity Problem

Juan_24

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Hello,
Ipaq 5555 cannot connect to Internet eg at a hotspot. Sent Ipaq for "repair" and it was returned stating that problem resolved.
Not so. Ipaq wifi shows some kind of connection to Internet "green light" on but when Internet Explorer tries to open a web page an error message (Internet Explerer could not find web page) appears.
Read somewhere that a file is missing.
Anyone experienced and solved this problem?
Any help greatly appreciated.
John

If you have everything backed up like contacts and such, just about the only way to recover the missing file would be to re-flash your ipaq. I'd send it back in and tell them that you want the OS and such reloaded in order to correct the issue.

Juan_24

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010

Thank you for your reply. Shall follow your advice and flash rom first and plan "B" thereafter send back to the Repair Centre.

Regards

John.

Juan_24

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Well resent Ipaq to repair centre who said wifi board needed to changed and charged me accordingly again. Repair Centre stated that they tested internet connection and it worked.
On return of the Ipaq I could see from a drop down list the several web sites had been visited.
When I, after hard reset and full battery charge, tried at several hot spots (Starbucks etc) I had a full list of available sites and attempted connection. Amber light showed green but on opening a web site the same error appeared "Internet Explorer could not open the page requested".
Any thoughts?
Think I will purchase a new tablet!
Regards
John