News iPhone 15 battery life tested — here's how long all four models last

Sep 20, 2023
Was the iPhone 15 Pro Max using the 120hz display during the test for it's 14 hour run? The nerd inside me wants to know! Didn't know if it was a inherently 120hz constantly or if you have to toggle for it.

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2023
With 3nm and larger battery, surprisingly the 15 Pro Max lasted shorter than the 15 Plus.
Likely because of the 120hz refresh rate. But even then, the performance difference of the two is minimal.

But next year will be a big jump. Unfortunately the battery leaks were wrong this year but a new “stacked” technology will likely make its way over to the 16 models. Which will greatly increase battery life.

Sep 22, 2023
Good result by Apple again.

Although I’ve seen many reviews on the internet slander the 15 pro max having terrible battery life. Yet your test shows it performed really well.

But things will get better once both the A17 chip and iOS17 is better optimized with updates.

Sep 26, 2023
Sadly, real world experience has different results. With my 14 pro max, I rarely dipped below 50% battery using the phone throughout the day from 6am to 10pm.

With the 15 pro max, I am at 33% right now, starting the day at 6am and it is now 5pm. At this rate, I will have to charge mid day to have a phone all day.

This is consistent with the 4 other phones purchased by others in my family. Some pro max’s and some just pro versions.

Since this is all over other forums, hopefully a software fix is incoming.