iPhone 2G and 3G Get Video Recording (Finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harby

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
So it essentially draws 3 seriously-crappy-quality still pictures a second.

Clever enough but I'd hardly call it "video recording".

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
What do you want, phone that can make and take call, phone that can take 12MP pictures and phone that can record 1080p for more than 30 minutes? what else... can change your diaper and burp you, make you warm and comfy? get you a job and find you a girlfriend too?

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]What do you want, phone that can make and take call, phone that can take 12MP pictures and phone that can record 1080p for more than 30 minutes? what else... can change your diaper and burp you, make you warm and comfy? get you a job and find you a girlfriend too?Stockholm, Stockholm, Stockholm.. [/citation]

Stockholm.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
So another words: Apple made a bling bling phone that lacks some basic features and now that people have been crying about it they now approve an app that allows these features, but with limitations. See this is why I hate Apple and they way they do business.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Wait wait wait wait wait.....the 3Gs is the only iPhone that can take video? Geez...not that I ever use the feature buy my generic Nokia phone that is two years old can do that, and at a much higher frame rate than 3 FPS!

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
why bother??? Just get CYCORDER, I've been using it for months, definitely way more then 3 frames, and NO size limit.

AND IT'S FREE!!!!

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
If you go into the camera application, it displays video that the camera sees in real time.

So, if what the camera sees can be displayed real time (resolution on screen), then I don't see why that same video data can't be saved to a file instead of being displayed on the screen.

So, Apple is full of crap. Maybe 3gs enables higher resolution capture at faster frame rates, but the 3g should do whater the screen resolution is at fast frame rates.

rean24

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ShqTth[/nom]If you go into the camera application, it displays video that the camera sees in real time. [/citation]

Try moving the camera around and see it will start to lag and the screen will split , thats cuz of the low FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.