Iphone 4s or Samsung Galaxy S II X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

It is not. The SGS2 may have a CPU a bit more powerful, but iOS software is far superior and more refined. It works much better on any given hardware than current Android versions. Moreover, once the SGS2 gets loaded with bloatware crap from Android Market...it slows down to a crawl. Sorry. 4S wins.

Lets wait for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Google Nexus Prime to compare.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
i've been thinking about it now and am thinking against the 4s as it still won't have flash,, if it did, i'd go that route as I do have an ipad and can commend the build quality and ease of use,,, HOWEVER EXTREMELY FUSTRATING when cruzing the web and you can't enjoy all aspects of web due to flash missing
the one thing i really liked, siri,,, there are compareable apps (maybe not as good YET) in android store,,

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I recommend buying the Apple iPhone 4S. It is Vastly superior to the Samsung Galaxy S II for a variety of reasons. There can really be no debate on this subject matter.

Infact, the only two things better about the Samsung Galaxy S II is that it supports flash (You can still play videos on Youtube on the iPhone, who really watches videos on anything other than Youtube?), and the screen is smaller. I personally like the 3.5'' screen of the iPhone, because its compact and easy to fit into a pocket. A Galaxy S II is too big, maybe its good for people with large fingers that press half the screen, but its fine.

If anybody thinks the Galaxy is better in anyway, please comment and specifically state which area you think is better, I just want to see opinions.

F22

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Let me add. Yes Galaxy 2 is too big, so most likely I would like to buy iPhone 4s too. Or I'm wait a some ~Galaxy 3 with less screen. I like Android a little bit more.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
^I woke up at 3AM Eastern Time to pre-order...after trying a few times, I got it through :)!

Also, the SGSII does have higher contrast and such, but on a phone that really doesn't matter, nobody will pay attention or even notice a difference, however the resolution makes a HUGE difference in readability of small text and clarity of content.

F22

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
I heard users says that SGS2 is quite hot while running heavy apps and in this mode battery lasts approx. 5 hours, but SGS2 has a first place in performance. However during normal use it lives long in comparison with other similar smart phones.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

It is not. The SGS2 may have a CPU a bit more powerful, but iOS software is far superior and more refined. It works much better on any given hardware than current Android versions. Moreover, once the SGS2 gets loaded with bloatware crap from Android Market...it slows down to a crawl. Sorry. 4S wins.

Lets wait for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Google Nexus Prime to compare.

Solution

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
To be honest I'm quite surprised overall that apple was chosen -- usually the haters pop up and smack em down real fast.

I got my wife the 4s and she is loving it,, I'm still out on the jury and now that the Prime has since then made official, i'm thinking to wait for some reviews there, the only thing that scares me a bit away from it is some of the specs not up to snuff with the other players (having the older GPU and camera I'm not a fan of) - I don't want to wait much longer -- so it'll end being a 3 way I think 4s/SGSIIX/PRIME

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah, don't get me wrong. Android is a great OS and is far more customizable than iOS. I look at this objectively, I don't just pick a side and valiantly defend it. Yes, Android is a good OS and is customizable, but I have to yet to try using an Android phone (and believe me, I've used almost all of them from friends) that is as smooth and fast as an iphone in general tasks like opening applications, rendering, not stuttering when you are swapping between pages...etc. The hardware may be good, but the OS simply isn't as refined. Not to mention, the Android market has a fraction of the amount of apps as Apple Store has and out of this fraction, only a tiny fraction are applications worth using...the rest (99%) are crap and bloatware as there is no verification processes involved in getting an application qualified. And lastly, as much as a love customization and experimenting...Its a phone...NOT a computer. I'll be fine if my computer breaks down for sometime, but a phone is essential and I need it to work no matter what...and sadly, with Android or Mobile Windows...I can't quite say that. I could care less what my phone themes and UI color look like...it works and has an app for everything (literally). Therefore, iOS+iPhone is simply the best option for a cellphone currently. Android users defend it based on principles like open source...when in fact, nobody really cares. IF you break down the benefits into useful things on a factual basis, there is simply no competition...for now...could change in the future.

AmigaKnight

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Woo ! Seems there's only iPhone Maniacs in this forum as I only see one sided comments !

I've owned an iPhone 3GS for almost 2 years. At first I was pretty satisfied but quickly I felt that a lot of functions were missing.
I've jailbroken my iPhone in order to obtain some of the missing functions (notification bar, home screen, personalized tones for every event ...).
As I was waiting for iOS5, I realized that most of the functions I wanted were already available in Android.
As I was a bit desappointed by the Iphone 4 design (and the long wait for a new iPhone), I've switched for an Galaxy S2.

And yes, since then, I can say that Galaxy S2 is the best smartphone I ever had.
That doesn't means that Galaxy S2 is better thant Iphone 4S or that Android is better that iOS, as there are goods and bads in each of them.
It only means that Galaxy S2 and Android better fit my needs than iPhone/iOS.

And no : there's no overheat with Galaxy S2.
Bigger screen/standard resolution is better than standard screen size/bigger resolution for anyone with sight issue.
Difference is weight is also outstanding.
Videos and photos capabilites are quite amazing.
And I've found every application I need in Android Store (the real difference here lies in the available games as there is more choice in AppStore).

I can only say : try it. Try them both if you can.
Both are good smartphones !

Oh ! And why nobody is wondering why Apple doesn't communicate about the iPhone SAR ? May be because iPhone SAR is really bad (almost 3 times higher than the Galaxy S2 SAR).

Status
Not open for further replies.