iPhone 4S Pre-orders Are Officially Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
definitely a solid phone for anyone needing an upgrade..but as a person who already has an iphone 4, I think I'd almost rather pass on this and wait for a quad-core droid..sounds pretty badass.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]The phone seems to be good but nothing revolutionary. Samsung Galaxy SII HD (screen rez: 1280x720) FTW.[/citation]

Evolutionary update that came a few months late. I see no compelling reason for a 4 owner to upgrade to this; I'll wait for the 5.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
The only good thing that the 4S will do is make the 4 less expensive. It hardly improved on the 4 at all, not worth the extra cash.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I have the Samsung Galaxy S2, and to see me with an iPhone, I would have to be given money. The iPhone 4S is for moooooooorons way behind the curve.

yonef

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
Rather go for Nexus Prime:
4.65" screen
1280x720 display (notebook resolution :D )
dual core CPU
dual GPU PowerVR 543
2050 mAh battery !?

And the biggest feature: probably cheaper than 4S (rofl)

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]I have the Samsung Galaxy S2, and to see me with an iPhone, I would have to be given money. The iPhone 4S is for moooooooorons way behind the curve.[/citation]
Or for people who just prefer iOS to Android and would like the best available hardware for it?

G

Sorry Apple, I patented having a white phone a while back... I expect compensation for each and every iPhone 4 and 4s in white.

jldevoy

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
I'm amazed that so many people judge a phone purely on its specs, especially given that all of these high end smartphones now have more power than ant of the available apps can use.

jlats26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
[citation][nom]jldevoy[/nom]I'm amazed that so many people judge a phone purely on its specs, especially given that all of these high end smartphones now have more power than ant of the available apps can use.[/citation]

I agree. Also, think about how many different manufactuers produce phones for the Android OS, in most cases, the OS runs like crap, despite the "dual core" processor because the Android OS wasn't designed SPECIFICALLY for the hardware its being run on. This is why the iPhone still out performed any smartphone regardless the hardware specs, because apple designed the hardware / software TOGETHER.

G

pretty amazed that ppl here especially andriod fans dont know its not a hardware that make the phone. but its the os.

IOS5 was release in june, that is where all the hype is. 4S is just to show you the hardware for it to go with.

wake up, dont be so ignorant.

gpog

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Or for people who just prefer iOS to Android and would like the best available hardware for it?[/citation]

iOS to Android or a superior app environment. People are different. Choices are good.

vaelyan

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
[citation][nom]joseph22[/nom]pretty amazed that ppl here especially andriod fans dont know its not a hardware that make the phone. but its the os.IOS5 was release in june, that is where all the hype is. 4S is just to show you the hardware for it to go with. wake up, dont be so ignorant.[/citation]

I'm pretty amazed you're telling people not to be so ignorant and yet you claim iOS 5 to be released in June. It was announced in June; however it doesn't get release til October 12.

vaelyan

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I currently have an EVO 3d and love Android.

I did however order a 4s because of ios5. While still behind in terms of screen size and resolution the rest of its hardware has indeed caught up with the Android phones. Back when the iPhone first came out I really wanted one due to the novelty and i love all gadgets and technology, even Apple products, but I'm definitely a pc.

When Android came along I jumped onboard and haven't looked back.

Did apple revolutionize anything with the 4s, no. However they have mostly caught up with android features I use and like and then took a bunch of stuff Android's been able to do for a while, through 3rd party apps, and rolled it into ios5, made pretty and fairly easy to use.

The things that intrigued me most were siri, friend-locater and iCloud. If I can get past the remaining operational differences between iOS and Android I'll use both my EVO 3d and the 4s. Thanks to Google voice I won't have to carry both at one if i don't want to.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]jldevoy[/nom]I'm amazed that so many people judge a phone purely on its specs, especially given that all of these high end smartphones now have more power than ant of the available apps can use.[/citation]
Completely agree. In fact, a lot of people say that the Android is better based PURELY on its specs. Android phones have had better specs than the iPhone for quite some time.

I personally would want to know what the phone actually does. I actually would rather have an iPhone than an Android. Having said that, I have no need for a smartphone, so my opinion doesn't really matter.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
A buddy of mine that has a perfectly fine iPhone 4 couldn't wait to pre-order the 4S. Why? So he can talk into his phone. LOL.

All jests aside, if Siri works really well and is really accurate and easy to use it could be trend-setting. Not because it was first, but because it was functional and worked well. The voice control I've encountered to date leaves much to be desired.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
OMFG it was a pain in the arse to preorder with Telus,,, website crashed like a mfer and took damn near 8 hours in total but now i gots a 64GB white :) YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.