iPhone 4S Preorders Exceed One Million in 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Garbage phone. Dual core? not needed. Siri? NO ONE is gonna use that crap. Better Camera? I guess thats the best and only thing to come out of this shitteh. Manufacturers should start focusing on developing batteries that could last more than 10 hours with heavy use instead of this useless crap that is irrelevant to most people or not used at all

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
This is just crazy to me. The phone is marginally better than its predecessor, the only explanation I can muster is that Steve Jobs' death has placed a ton of additional attention on the device. Kind of like Heath Ledger and The Dark Knight I guess.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Garbage phone. Dual core? not needed. Siri? NO ONE is gonna use that crap. Better Camera? I guess thats the best and only thing to come out of this shitteh. Manufacturers should start focusing on developing batteries that could last more than 10 hours with heavy use instead of this useless crap that is irrelevant to most people or not used at all[/citation] For the average user, dual-cores and all that don't matter. Remember your on a hardware site, so the hardware of phones does matter here. If you want a phone that operates for more than 10 hours of heavy use, develop one yourself. People work hard and spend money researching and developing new hardware. They can't just stuff everything into one phone at any moment; time is needed for development.

jmchien

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]This is just crazy to me. The phone is marginally better than its predecessor, the only explanation I can muster is that Steve Jobs' death has placed a ton of additional attention on the device. Kind of like Heath Ledger and The Dark Knight I guess.[/citation]

Even without his passing, the Dark Knight would have gotten a lot of attention

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
[citation][nom]jmchien[/nom]Even without his passing, the Dark Knight would have gotten a lot of attention[/citation]

But Heath Ledger probably wouldn't have gotten so many awards as he did. His performance was great, don't get me wrong, but the amount of nominations and awards he received was just ridiculous.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]jmchien[/nom]Even without his passing, the Dark Knight would have gotten a lot of attention[/citation]
That was a good movie...and now I'm going to have to watch it again. Thanks a lot.

...on topic...

@Xerroz, come on. If it wasn't the much-hated-here Apple that was making the iPhone 4s many folks here would love it and be talking about how great the Siri features were. Lots of folks will use that...though it doesn't really appeal to me. Dual core? Not needed in the iPhone 4 so far, its certainly not slow. However, I'm told that iOS5 and Siri will keep the dual-cores busy enough. The iPhone 4s is not the redesign some of us hoped for but it will compete well...even for the tech savvy.

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
You know the old saying "There's a sucker born every minute"? In this case there's a million born in just 24 hrs!! Good job!!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]1 million iDiots bought into the Apple cult.[/citation]
Yes, because there are so so so many phones that are completely superior to the iPhone 4s. Yeahp, no one but iDiots would by a newly released iPhone.

If I were you younger I'd suggest you may be a Troll...but I'm not, so I won't.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Did anybody really expect any different?[/citation]

Nope - it's following the same formula from the Simpsons' Malibu Stacy episode - no matter how much you work to change the system in the end, the company that wins puts out the same old crap with a new hat, and they win because they have the money and can afford good advertising.

G

I bet the release of the iPhone 4S temporarily reduced the size of "Occupy Wall Street" Those people just had to waste more of their money so they could by a nice new device from a company they protest.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
LOL at people saying it's not worth the upgrade. The A5 processor is worth the upgrade for the huge increase in performance (and features like 1080P support). Camera upgrade is nice, but it's a small feature. Bluetooth 4.0 - it will be interesting to see what kinds of devices come out now that there's actually a phone with BT 4.0 support.

If you look at the Galaxy S to S2 upgrade you'll find that the 4 to 4S is very similar. I wonder how many people think the S2 is a pointless upgrade?

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
These articles are awesome - Android fanboy noggings continue to explode at the thought of Apple success. I can't even figure out why they care so much, but whatever. Keep em coming as it is quite amusing to read their comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.