iPhone 5 Rumors Round Up in Video Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj1001

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
even if most of those things come true it still doesn't beat my Droid X2. Plus if you get iphone 5 say goodbye to unlimited data plans.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]Anyone else feel as though Apple is moving WAY too fast with their iPhones and iPods?[/citation]

In a world where every other manufacturer comes out with a new Android phone once a month.. I don't think Apple is moving too fast with their electronics.

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I do feel that Apple always hold off on some important and current tech so as to have something to incorporate into the next model that way all the 'I only wish it had' reviewers and users feel a greater need to get the next model which will have the things the existing model is lacking.

Just think of the elements of your i device that fall a bit short of current technology standards and those will be the things that could have been included but won't be included until at least the next model.

Like with the iPad2 and iPod Touch G4 for example.They both have a load of speed, storage and other enhancements over the previous models but have some really sucky features like a really crappy camera (not to mention the lack of a flash) which most people now consider to be well-below spec for a current model. If you want better you either have to wait for the nextgen model of choice\platform to be given those features or move to another type of device such as to get an iPhone just so you can have a flash.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]Anyone else feel as though Apple is moving WAY too fast with their iPhones and iPods?[/citation]
Apple's iphone4 is still siingle core. There are already dual core phones

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]johnsmithhatesVLC[/nom]Apple's iphone4 is still siingle core. There are already dual core phones[/citation]

Not to mention half the ram, of the GS2 atleast, and it still holds a torch to the many dual core phones out on the market.

Who knows how fast the iphone will be when it ships with a dual core :$

Pyree

Distinguished
[citation][nom]onyx_64[/nom]so whats new or better compared to phones that already exist?! its white?[/citation]
May be it is better because it has, for some people, god's a.k.a Steve Jobs' approved?

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I think they should upgrade their phone like they upgrade Chrome, and now Firefox, with small improvements... how would that pan out? iPhone version august, iPhone September. :)

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]au_equus[/nom]the ipad2 is going to obsolete once the asus transformer 2 hits the market in october with kal-el[/citation]

the Asus transfomer 2 is supposed to drop about the same time the next iPad drops. Asus is notorious for not being on time for introductions. I'm not sure what the specs for the next iPad are, but they are probably still using the existing A5.

I wouldn't say "obsolete" because specs aren't the only thing that matters when it comes to a good tablet or phone. Regardless competition to the iPad, Samsung, and Motorola means we're all in for some great products.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
the android market may be flooded with an insane amount of products but there is little to no competition because 99.999% of what comes out is complete crap.

other than the major branded ones, much of the lesser knows ones but massive in numbers tend to be systems running something like android 2.3 but with only 128MB ram and a 500-600MHz CPU and resistive touch screen

no one is going to buy them, and the ones that are worth buying have a huge price markup.

Incread of apple discontinuing the old iphones and making a new one each year (as if they are expecting their product to only last 1 year) they need to instead focus on bringing the price down for the current iphone.

The software market has not caught up with the iphone's hardware yet, all they need to do is fix a few design flaws with the antenna, then keep everything else the same and focus on bringing down the price. the iphone should not be costing more than $150 with out a phone contract.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
PS how many people would like to have a iphone with a 27.9 x 18.6mm CCD sensor for the camera, along with a 50mm F1.9 prime lens?

No one likes walking around with both their phone and DSLR, why not combine the 2 and release a iphone with a 30 megapixel CCD that can record 1080P at 60FPS as well as take great pictures in raw format

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS