iPhone 5 to Have GSM+CDMA for Verizon + AT&T?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Please explain how the IPhone 4 is obsolete compared to what? It still has a better screen than any phone on the market, there is only 2 other phones whose camera ranks better and neither one of those runs Android, it has a front facing camera, which again, only one other Andriod device (EVO4) has. Does not sound obsolete to me. Can't say 4g is why it is obsolete because neither Verizon or AT&T have their networks rolled out yet and even when they do the coverage will suck for 2 years while they install everything. Andriod phones are nice devices and I respect the passion but you guys are delusional if you think that the IPhone will not sell well on Verizons network. It will more than likely outpace Android sales on Verizon.[/citation]Mate, my old Sony Ericcson phone had a front facing camera back in 2006, and that was one of the more basic models, furthermore what you are saying about the iPhone's rear camera is just rubbish.

The whole reason the front facing camera thing seems so special is because it is no longer in the market. It was tried out a few years ago, and was found to never be used and just a waste of money, quite well fitting the description; obsolete.

The iPhone's screen really isn't that great, sure the resolution may be ever so slightly higher than other phones, but have you ever seen a proper SuperAmoLED screen? (hint: Samsung Galaxy S), They are just beautiful. Not to mention it has also been proven that apple's "Retina" display, really isn't all that "Retina". most people use the phones close enough to their eyes that it does not qualify as retina display, apple's benchmark on this is at way too long distance for practical use.

The funtionality and customizability of iOS is to spit on, basically apple claims to know what the consumers want, which really, they get all wrong, but because the general public has never seen anything better because most people are too stu*** to look further than the stupid apple craze, they just blindly go buy an iPhone and will blindly argue that it is the best thing on the planet.

Furthermore the fact that apple rolls out devices which don't even support the newest spec networks is just a dirty trick. They purposefully dont give these features, so that a while later they can introduce a new phone with these features, call it the 4G, and then call it revolutionary and magical, whilst really phones from 3 years ago could do the same thing. Apple just gets away with this because people are too naive.

What more that I hate about apple, their warranty policy: Jailbreak your phone (software) you f*** up your warranty on your hardware. I mean, you have rightfully paid your dearly earnt cash on your new beautiful phone, but then apple tells you what you can and can't do with it, and the things you bought the phone to do, you can't do without being punished.

perhaps your right about the sales thing, of course it will sell, but only because of naive people buying them, whom haven't done their homework.

im still using a cheap phone (Sony Erricson, something in walkman series), and want to get a new phone soon. Now im just holding off to see what WP7 becomes. I love what android has become, and will probably go for one, but won't be looking at any apple device.

sorry bout the long post

/end-rant

remyj123

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"Furthermore the fact that apple rolls out devices which don't even support the newest spec networks is just a dirty trick. "
On the surface, this makes sense. But if you think about it, 4G is not going to be rolled out country wide for years so why bother building it into the phone when many of the users won't be able to take advantage of it? I heard on the Sprint network, if you get a 4G phone, they bill you extra 4G $$$ each month, even if it is not in your area because you supposedly have access if you chose to go to an area that does have it. To me, like HD Television, I would not have it until all major networks offered it. No point in buying expensive new hardware you can't use. My 2 cents anyway.......

kmguy

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]For the love of God, give it a rest. I'm fed up with the sheer amount of needless Apple hating that goes on on this website. For the record, I'm certainly a PC user. I don't particularly like Apple's policies and business practices any more than the next hater and I could never justify shelling out the kind of money that Apple ask for a lot of their products. Having said that, I chose to buy an iPhone 4 of my own accord because, despite its flaws, it's a reasonably solid, handsome phone that does everything I want it to do without taking itself too seriously.Yes, I probably could have bought an Android phone that does more for less money, but that is completely irrelevant. It's my money and I chose to spent it on an iPhone 4, as many people do. Accept this, get over it, and stop whining.Thx.[/citation]
Agreed! If someone has to take the time to trash a person or product then something must be missing from their lives. They sound a bit envious to me.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Mate, my old Sony Ericcson phone had a front facing camera back in 2006, and that was one of the more basic models, furthermore what you are saying about the iPhone's rear camera is just rubbish. The whole reason the front facing camera thing seems so special is because it is no longer in the market. It was tried out a few years ago...[/citation]
Seriously? I have the Samsung Captivate and yes that screen is beautiful, but is not any better right next to my iPhone 4. The only thing you seem to point out is the short comings of customization. True Android can have all sorts of cool widgets on the home screen and tons of other customizations. Unfortunately when I had my phone all customized how I wanted I could only get through barely the whole day on a charge! Pretty useless to me. You also point out the fact that people are blindly buying an iPhone. How dare you! What facts do you have to back that up. I didn't blindly by my iPhone. I did research and I chose the iPhone for many reasons. I first bought the Captivate. What a bad choice that was. Loses my emails about once a month, GPS doesn't work even 25% of the time, has some weird issues where it locks up for 5-10 seconds, overall I was really not impressed.

What you seem not be taking into account is that everybody doesn't want the customization YOU do. A cell phone is a very personal device and why would you (and others) assume that what you want out of a device is what I want out of device? That's arrogant presumption on your part and turns out you are the very thing you seem to hate (Apple making assumptions of what YOU want in your phone). In fact most people that are hardcore Apple haters need to take a step back, and stop assuming that everybody wants what they want.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Mate, my old Sony Ericcson phone had a front facing camera back in 2006, and that was one of the more basic models, furthermore what you are saying about the iPhone's rear camera is just rubbish. The whole reason the front facing camera thing seems so special is because it is no longer in the market. It was tried out a few years ago, and was found to never be used and just a waste of money, quite well fitting the description; obsolete.The iPhone's screen really isn't that great, sure the resolution may be ever so slightly higher than other phones, but have you ever seen a proper SuperAmoLED screen? (hint: Samsung Galaxy S), They are just beautiful. Not to mention it has also been proven that apple's "Retina" display, really isn't all that "Retina". most people use the phones close enough to their eyes that it does not qualify as retina display, apple's benchmark on this is at way too long distance for practical use.The funtionality and customizability of iOS is to spit on, basically apple claims to know what the consumers want, which really, they get all wrong, but because the general public has never seen anything better because most people are too stu*** to look further than the stupid apple craze, they just blindly go buy an iPhone and will blindly argue that it is the best thing on the planet.Furthermore the fact that apple rolls out devices which don't even support the newest spec networks is just a dirty trick. They purposefully dont give these features, so that a while later they can introduce a new phone with these features, call it the 4G, and then call it revolutionary and magical, whilst really phones from 3 years ago could do the same thing. Apple just gets away with this because people are too naive.What more that I hate about apple, their warranty policy: Jailbreak your phone (software) you f*** up your warranty on your hardware. I mean, you have rightfully paid your dearly earnt cash on your new beautiful phone, but then apple tells you what you can and can't do with it, and the things you bought the phone to do, you can't do without being punished. perhaps your right about the sales thing, of course it will sell, but only because of naive people buying them, whom haven't done their homework.im still using a cheap phone (Sony Erricson, something in walkman series), and want to get a new phone soon. Now im just holding off to see what WP7 becomes. I love what android has become, and will probably go for one, but won't be looking at any apple device.sorry bout the long post/end-rant[/citation]

Here is a fact, I have 4g Overdrive device for the only carrier that has 4g which is Sprint. Guess what, 4G does not mean LTE, Sprint and Clearwire calls their network 4G and it uses WiMax so there are no LTE networks out yet and thus no phones that support it. So your comment applies to every single device out there and not just Apple.

Second, the purpose of a phone is to be a phone first everything else second. It is not a general purpose computing device at all. So all this extra customization you are talking about does not apply to the vast majority of people who wants a smart phone that actually is easy to use and accessible to everyone.

Number 3, You can read any review, unbiased and it is universally accepted that Apple has the top display on the market with the Retina. Does that mean that other displays suck, HELL NO. SuperAmoLED is a great screen.

As far as the front facing camera. BIG Freaken deal if there was 1-3 devices that already had a front facing camera. Sony had a had and micro PC with one as well, means absolutely nothing if you have no practical way to use it. Having the camera is not the innovation, the integration of it with the software is.

There is a certain formula that makes devices widely accepted by both technical and non-technical people. Apple has done a good job with that. Sure they have their draw backs but what you are seeing is that the overall package is solid and accessible. You do not have to be naive to value a device where allot of R&D dollars are spent in creating thoughtful and complete designs from the software to the hardware that also works with other devices and applications that they make. A total solution is why they have done well. If Apple just had a phone and nothing else it would have came and went like every craze does.

I am far from naive, I went from a Blackberry to an IPhone then back to a Blackberry then to the IPhone 4. I am Security Engineer and travel 50% for work, and I have a new little boy. I bought the IPhone 4 because I need a secure, stable device, that will allow me to see my family while on the road. No other device gave me that entire package...period. Had nothing to do with fanboyism, it was pure functionality that led me to my decision. So much so that I left Verizon to go back to AT&T's crappy network. I use the 4G Overdrive with Sprint (that only has 4G in some major cities) to create WiFi access point and connection my phone to that to use FaceTime from anywhere.

All this automatic bashing of all things Apple does not surprise me because whenever a company is somewhat successful appears to be on top it becomes popular to just on a bandwagon of bashing them even if the arguments are not all the way fleshed out. Microsoft went through it with Windows. Now Apple is going through it. Funny thing is that just 15 years ago no one said anything about Apple when they where damn near out of business.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
"furthermore what you are saying about the iPhone's rear camera is just rubbish."

One more thing, do searches on the web. A mega-pixel number means squat just like a MHZ number. Look at the top professional camera's out there from Pentax, Cannon and even Sony. You see all the money is in the lense. Allot of those camera's are 5 megapixels because they let in a ton a light and that is how the pictures come out so good. Guess what phone has the best camera on the market. Just so happens to be a Nokia, in fact both of the ones that are considered better than Apples back camera are Nokia. Not that it matters, but Nokia uses Symbian not Android.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]I would think Apple would want to be moving on to their next iPhone pretty quickly; and move on from the mess that the iPhone 4 has been for them.Apple, before releasing it though, just make sure you test it this time, to see if it works properly.[/citation]
Key here is YOU think...

Everybody that I know, including myself, are extremely pleased with their iPhone 4. I have far less issues with my iPhone 4 then my Captivate. Sure you can call me naive and stupid, but don't think for a second that I buy any product just because of the brand that is on it.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Idea for Tom's about Spam:

Filter out when somebody posts automatically. Look for key Domains and make it configurable.

Example:
If anybody posts with a website URL with the domain of "love-shopping.org" disable the user account anew posts and block that post. If they keep spamming block the IP. If the software that runs this site is architected properly this should be a fairly simple change. Create a GUI in an admin screen somewhere to modify that filter list.

Amen2That

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
From a business prospective, leaving out LTE is a good decision as it will be a major selling point in a future product. Chip, development, and testing cost will also be reduce as opposed to using newer technology which means a higher profit margin. Apple knows it can sell the 5g regardless of the inclusion of LTE. When it releases an 5gs (or 6g or whatever) with LTE, Apple also knows it can market phones without LTE as outdated, used by the fashionably and/or technologically inept. Thus, it can conveniently give its target audience, anyone who must have the latest and greatest (or debatabley, at least the appearance there of), a reason to upgrade. If nothing else, Apple has a very intimate knowledge of their customer base and knows exactly what it needs to do to sell its products while maximizing profits.

For the record, I am not a fan of Apple iPhones but have used all versions of the iPhone at one time or another (mainly due to relatives though I owned the 2g for a short time) but none of them met MY needs for one reason or another. The decision for anyone who wants to spend THEIR own hard earned money on one is their business. The only problem I have is when an owner tries to preach the Jobsian choir. I see it this way: I respect my devout religious friends and have an understanding with them not to "preach" to me--should I expect any less from those of the Jobsian faith.

Amen2That

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Here is a fact, I have 4g Overdrive device for the only carrier that has 4g which is Sprint. Guess what, 4G does not mean LTE, Sprint and Clearwire calls their network 4G and it uses WiMax so there are no LTE networks out yet and thus no phones that support it. So your comment applies to every single device out there and not just Apple.[/citation]

This is incorrect. MetroPCS officially launched their LTE network for a few weeks NOW and sells the Samsung Craft (an LTE phone) with additional handsets forth coming. Verizon comes will also officially start rolling out LTE at the end of this year and have handsets to follow shortly (well before the 5G comes out) so the man does have a point.

[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom] Second, the purpose of a phone is to be a phone first everything else second.[/citation]

This was a major complaint of the 2Gs (inability to do MMS and poorer voice quality than phones of its class) and more recently the 4Gs (mostly due to antennae issues).

[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Number 3, You can read any review, unbiased and it is universally accepted that Apple has the top display on the market with the Retina. Does that mean that other displays suck, HELL NO. SuperAmoLED is a great screen.[/citation]

On the average, this may be true so you do have a point. However this can also depend on your needs: SuperAmoLED due have superior contrast and the larger size that some of these screen comes in are better for multimedia applications.

[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]As far as the front facing camera. BIG Freaken deal if there was 1-3 devices that already had a front facing camera. Sony had a had and micro PC with one as well, means absolutely nothing if you have no practical way to use it. Having the camera is not the innovation, the integration of it with the software is. There is a certain formula that makes devices widely accepted by both technical and non-technical people. Apple has done a good job with that. Sure they have their draw backs but what you are seeing is that the overall package is solid and accessible. You do not have to be naive to value a device where allot of R&D dollars are spent in creating thoughtful and complete designs from the software to the hardware that also works with other devices and applications that they make. A total solution is why they have done well. If Apple just had a phone and nothing else it would have came and went like every craze does.[/citation]

The number of phones to have front facing camera is far higher than 3... they just aren't common in the US due mainly to carrier support. You are however correct that most where not as well packaged as what Apple had done with Facetime. One phone that also does it well is the HTC EVO.

[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]I am far from naive, I went from a Blackberry to an IPhone then back to a Blackberry then to the IPhone 4. I am Security Engineer and travel 50% for work, and I have a new little boy. I bought the IPhone 4 because I need a secure, stable device, that will allow me to see my family while on the road. No other device gave me that entire package...period. Had nothing to do with fanboyism, it was pure functionality that led me to my decision. So much so that I left Verizon to go back to AT&T's crappy network. I use the 4G Overdrive with Sprint (that only has 4G in some major cities) to create WiFi access point and connection my phone to that to use FaceTime from anywhere.All this automatic bashing of all things Apple does not surprise me because whenever a company is somewhat successful appears to be on top it becomes popular to just on a bandwagon of bashing them even if the arguments are not all the way fleshed out. Microsoft went through it with Windows. Now Apple is going through it. Funny thing is that just 15 years ago no one said anything about Apple when they where damn near out of business.[/citation]

I hope Security Engineer is not what they call security guards these days... kidding ;-). Anyhow, I could agree that you should chose a phone that meets YOUR needs just like everyone else should. BTW, even 15 years ago, people were saying the same things about Apple... I was just focused on there computers and not the iOS devices (since they didn't exist).

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Amen2That[/nom]From a business prospective, leaving out LTE is a good decision as it will be a major selling point in a future product. Chip, development, and testing cost will also be reduce as opposed to using newer technology which means a higher profit margin. Apple knows it can sell the 5g regardless of the inclusion of LTE. When it releases an 5gs (or 6g or whatever) with LTE, Apple also knows it can market phones without LTE as outdated, used by the fashionably and/or technologically inept. Thus, it can conveniently give its target audience, anyone who must have the latest and greatest (or debatabley, at least the appearance there of), a reason to upgrade. If nothing else, Apple has a very intimate knowledge of their customer base and knows exactly what it needs to do to sell its products while maximizing profits.For the record, I am not a fan of Apple iPhones but have used all versions of the iPhone at one time or another (mainly due to relatives though I owned the 2g for a short time) but none of them met MY needs for one reason or another. The decision for anyone who wants to spend THEIR own hard earned money on one is their business. The only problem I have is when an owner tries to preach the Jobsian choir. I see it this way: I respect my devout religious friends and have an understanding with them not to "preach" to me--should I expect any less from those of the Jobsian faith.[/citation]
I didn't see any post here where any Apple product owner said that anyone that owns a non Apple product is "fashionably and/or technologically inept".

You should listen to your own advice! Stop preaching to me about how preachy Steve Jobs is. I don't take Steve Jobs advice. So what I use Apple products. Doesn't mean I love Steve Jobs. I think he is arrogant and says some stupid things. But who cares, pretty much all CEOs say stupid things at some point. Do you use any Microsoft products? Steve Ballmer says a lot stupid things.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Amen2That[/nom]
The number of phones to have front facing camera is far higher than 3... they just aren't common in the US due mainly to carrier support. You are however correct that most where not as well packaged as what Apple had done with Facetime. One phone that also does it well is the HTC EVO.
[/citation]
HTC EVO does NOT do that well. I tried to use Fring I believe with my buddy over the EVO.

G

WIMAX and LTE aren't even 4G they are just marketed that way, look it up. The second generation of both technologies will be considered 4G.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Amen2That[/nom]From a business prospective, leaving out LTE is a good decision as it will be a major selling point in a future product. Chip, development, and testing cost will also be reduce as opposed to using newer technology which means a higher profit margin. Apple knows it can sell the 5g regardless of the inclusion of LTE. When it releases an 5gs (or 6g or whatever) with LTE, Apple also knows it can market phones without LTE as outdated, used by the fashionably and/or technologically inept. Thus, it can conveniently give its target audience, anyone who must have the latest and greatest (or debatabley, at least the appearance there of), a reason to upgrade. If nothing else, Apple has a very intimate knowledge of their customer base and knows exactly what it needs to do to sell its products while maximizing profits.For the record, I am not a fan of Apple iPhones but have used all versions of the iPhone at one time or another (mainly due to relatives though I owned the 2g for a short time) but none of them met MY needs for one reason or another. The decision for anyone who wants to spend THEIR own hard earned money on one is their business. The only problem I have is when an owner tries to preach the Jobsian choir. I see it this way: I respect my devout religious friends and have an understanding with them not to "preach" to me--should I expect any less from those of the Jobsian faith.[/citation]

That is totally understandable. Gets on my nerves as well, but choir about any tech is really just marketing BS regurgitated as evidence of why one device is superior to the other instead of practical use and a holistic comparison of the devices in question.

Conversations tend to be really short with a "faithful" person when the other person's states pure facts. 2 people of alternate "faiths" have a endless debate over who is right and never have any factual information why.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Amen2That[/nom]This is incorrect. MetroPCS officially launched their LTE network for a few weeks NOW and sells the Samsung Craft (an LTE phone) with additional handsets forth coming. Verizon comes will also officially start rolling out LTE at the end of this year and have handsets to follow shortly (well before the 5G comes out) so the man does have a point.This was a major complaint of the 2Gs (inability to do MMS and poorer voice quality than phones of its class) and more recently the 4Gs (mostly due to antennae issues).On the average, this may be true so you do have a point. However this can also depend on your needs: SuperAmoLED due have superior contrast and the larger size that some of these screen comes in are better for multimedia applications.The number of phones to have front facing camera is far higher than 3... they just aren't common in the US due mainly to carrier support. You are however correct that most where not as well packaged as what Apple had done with Facetime. One phone that also does it well is the HTC EVO.I hope Security Engineer is not what they call security guards these days... kidding ;-). Anyhow, I could agree that you should chose a phone that meets YOUR needs just like everyone else should. BTW, even 15 years ago, people were saying the same things about Apple... I was just focused on there computers and not the iOS devices (since they didn't exist).[/citation]

Key word in that carriers name and service...."Metro".

Secondly you said they just launched it which again means full coverage is 2-3 years off.

Third: Security Engineer has nothing to do with Wackenhut and I don't man a booth or wear a uniform. lol good one..

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Mate, my old Sony Ericcson phone had a front facing camera back in 2006, and that was one of the more basic models ~ The whole reason the front facing camera thing seems so special is because it is no longer in the market. It was tried out a few years ago, and was found to never be used and just a waste of money. The iPhone's screen really isn't that great, sure the resolution may be ever so slightly higher than other phones, but have you ever seen a proper SuperAmoLED screen? (hint: Samsung Galaxy S), They are just beautiful. rant continues~[/citation]

I've been using Sony Phones for years, they did what I wanted and I liked how they look, felt and worked. But as stated above, Apple made the camera usabable with their OS so that people would use it... so yeah, people ARE using its abilities.

The iPhone's Retina Display is beautiful, *WE* will be seeing more hand-held devices raising the resolution. Hell, I'd love my 24" display to be higher, but not bigger physically. 2500x1600 on a 24" would look great, but things would have to be made a bit bigger - as Apple did with the iPhone4.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S, it was a big deciding factor for me. Its contrast is better than the iPhone4, but the screen isn't as sharp. There ARE some things in Android which isn't as smooth as iPhones and its battery life isn't as good. But in general, I am happy with the phone. There is rumors that the next Samsung phones will be 4.3 screens, which *I* hope not... at 4", phones are as big as I care for.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]eeide[/nom]I didn't see any post here where any Apple product owner said that anyone that owns a non Apple product is "fashionably and/or technologically inept".You should listen to your own advice! Stop preaching to me about how preachy Steve Jobs is. I don't take Steve Jobs advice. So what I use Apple products. Doesn't mean I love Steve Jobs. I think he is arrogant and says some stupid things. But who cares, pretty much all CEOs say stupid things at some point. Do you use any Microsoft products? Steve Ballmer says a lot stupid things.[/citation]

DEAD ON!! Steve Ballmer is the exact same way except he does not have the products. Microsoft even receintly made a comment of adopting Apples holistic tech ecosystem approach and it will probably serve them well if they do it right.

Amen2That

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]eeide[/nom]HTC EVO does NOT do that well. I tried to use Fring I believe with my buddy over the EVO.[/citation]
[citation][nom]eeide[/nom]I didn't see any post here where any Apple product owner said that anyone that owns a non Apple product is "fashionably and/or technologically inept".You should listen to your own advice! Stop preaching to me about how preachy Steve Jobs is. I don't take Steve Jobs advice. So what I use Apple products. Doesn't mean I love Steve Jobs. I think he is arrogant and says some stupid things. But who cares, pretty much all CEOs say stupid things at some point. Do you use any Microsoft products? Steve Ballmer says a lot stupid things.[/citation]

Hmmm... I didn't know I was talking about you. The fact that you feel you need to attack me on a personal level says something about you. Secondly, I never stated Apple product owner said that anyone that owns a non Apple product is "fashionably and/or technologically inept". Apple (specifically advertising) NOT Apple product owner! Why do we teach them to read [sigh]. Ever seen a "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC commercial".

There is no denying that Apples choice of advertising jargon has a lot to do with, at the very least, the appearance of technological superiority with it's use of "Retina Display" (advertising lingo), "industry revolutionizing", and "magical". At one time Apple even spoke of the superiority of it's exterior antennae. Do you honestly think that Apple choose a glass back, an external antennae, or a internal battery for any other reason that to not compromise exterior styling. The whole cellular industry is guilty of this just none more so that Apple.

Do you not read the I in "I have". I already said it was my problem... Why do we teach them to read [sigh]

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Currently cell phone makers and cell phone service providers barely tap into the full potential of 3G. So not having a 4G cell phone is not a big deal since 4G is not even close to prime time. It is all a marketing ploy to get consumers to buy fancy 4G cells phones that most likely at this time do not even have 4G coverage...lol. Sprint has 4G in 2 or 3 cities?!?

By the time 4G is wide spread most consumers will be upgrading their older 4G cell phones anyways so iPhone is still a uber PDA that Apple sees the network for what it is; 3G!

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Amen2That[/nom]Hmmm... I didn't know I was talking about you. The fact that you feel you need to attack me on a personal level says something about you. Secondly, I never stated Apple product owner said that anyone that owns a non Apple product is "fashionably and/or technologically inept". Apple (specifically advertising) NOT Apple product owner! Why do we teach them to read [sigh]. Ever seen a "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC commercial".There is no denying that Apples choice of advertising jargon has a lot to do with, at the very least, the appearance of technological superiority with it's use of "Retina Display" (advertising lingo), "industry revolutionizing", and "magical". At one time Apple even spoke of the superiority of it's exterior antennae. Do you honestly think that Apple choose a glass back, an external antennae, or a internal battery for any other reason that to not compromise exterior styling. The whole cellular industry is guilty of this just none more so that Apple.Do you not read the I in "I have". I already said it was my problem... Why do we teach them to read [sigh][/citation]
I wasn't the one that said:
"Apple also knows it can market phones without LTE as outdated, used by the fashionably and/or technologically inept". You used the words "used by" basically saying that Apple users are "fashionably and/or technologically inept". I take personal exception to that. If you don't think or didn't mean that to be a jab at Apple users then you should re-read your post before you post it.

Also, yes you are correct you never said that an Apple product owner never ever said that, I did. Obviously you need the reading comprehension lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.