iPhone 5 to Have GSM+CDMA for Verizon + AT&T?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmguy

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
No matter how any brand of any phone/OS currently performs we know that 6-12 months down the road it's going to change and the providers plan that obsolescence. If Retina is the King Hoo-Ha right now then some one will have something better pretty quick. It's a never ending circle. When "Gizmo v1.0" is released the manufacturer/provider already has designs on 2 to 3 releases for the future. As end-users we have two choices, either find something we like that works for us and be happy with it, or play their game and spend upgrade money every 6 to 12 months. I'm waiting on a Verizon iPhone myself but my current DumbPhone does me just fine. If the VZW iPhone falls through, my current unit will still get me by. The companies do a great job of convincing us we "Need" their new device but it's really a matter of "Want" rather than "Need" for the majority of the public.

Amen2That

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]bpislife[/nom]Looks like I will be waiting yet another year to upgrade my 3GS.[/citation]

[citation][nom]eeide[/nom]I wasn't the one that said:"Apple also knows it can market phones without LTE as outdated, used by the fashionably and/or technologically inept". You used the words "used by" basically saying that Apple users are "fashionably and/or technologically inept". I take personal exception to that. If you don't think or didn't mean that to be a jab at Apple users then you should re-read your post before you post it. Also, yes you are correct you never said that an Apple product owner never ever said that, I did. Obviously you need the reading comprehension lessons.[/citation]

As evident by each and every post you make you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion. This isn't a flame war, it's a discussion board. If you look at ap3x replies to my comments to his post, you can see that even though we have different opinions, he and I both agree that you should pick phones that meet YOUR own needs. He expressed his primary concerns and he pick the phone that met his needs and I agree with his choice FOR HIM. I don't attack him personally only disagree with some of his points and he understands that because he's a mature adult. You can disagree about something without attacking a person.

I won't lower myself any further by continuing in such a childish flame war. Cheers.

G

Guess nothing stings more than your own comments used to point out your bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.