Iphone 5 vs. Galaxy Note 2 vs. Lumia 920

PatrickUSA

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
I have an upgrade available (AT&T) and am looking to get a new phone. I've narrowed the search down to the Iphone 5, Galaxy Note 2, and the Lumia 920. Does anyone have any experience with these phones (obviously the previous edition since unreleased) and the OSs in general? I could care less about fanboyism. I am just looking for recommendations from satisfied owners, not your personal vendetta towards one company or the other. I am coming from a blackberry so i'm new to all three. Any insight and take on their phone experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks
- Patrick

samuraimastr

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
It really depends on what you want out of your phone. A lot of people agree that out of all of them, Window's has the best OS. In this case, if you're looking for a multimedia device, then the Note is for you. The iPhone 5 isn't out yet, but all the people that reviewed it on the day it was released published their reviews on it yesterday, and almost every single review of it was glowing (worst I saw of it was Apple's new Maps app). You've obviously picked the creme of the crop from your respective manufacturers, but your choice really depends on if you're looking for a multimedia device, a phone with a fantastic interface, or a phone that does everything great while looking great (Apple doesn't really have any standout features though, unless you think you'll use Siri)

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
I used to own a iPhone 3GS and then moved on to the Lumia 900. From my own personal experience the Lumia was a nice upgrade. I was skeptical if the larger screen was a big deal or not. But now it feels really odd to go back to anything smaller. The Lumia 900 is 4.3". As far as OS goes. I really like the WP7.5. It is pretty smooth and is very intuitive once I was used to the change. There is still alot of unknowns as to what WP8 will have instore, but I've become convinced that the 920 will be my next phone. Apple sure does have a lot off apps. But I would say the 100,000+ on MS marketplace are pretty comparable. Though if you are a musician and like things like iRig and Amplitube, Apple seems to be the way to go right now. I've never owned and Android. Many are really happy with them. Many still complain about upgradeability. But those things are like every other ecosystem. For me, the 920 is the winner. Wireless charging, Rich Audio Recording, the best camera on the market, Nokia is exceptionally good at customer support constantly bring apps to the ecosystem, and I've really grown quite fond of Windows Phone. I'm hoping WP8 has all the flexibility Android claims to have with none of the issues or ROM flashing. But any of the 3 phones you chose will be nice.
Oh yeah, I left Apple because everything I use is MS. PC and want a Surface tab or something. iTunes is not great...nor is Zune, but Zune is being 86ed.
I suggest reading and playing. If you can find a WP in the wild, try it out...not at a store but an actual consumers phone.

PatrickUSA

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Hmm its a tough choice, I think later in october, when they are all released, ill just have to use and compare each. Thats good news about the 920, because I was hesitant towards it at first, but will now probably demo it a few times. Thanks for the input fellas!