iPhone 7 or galaxy S7/Note 7

A Google

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
So I plan on upgrading my phone this year. I have a 3 year old Expedia Z2 and am going to finally upgrade itat the end of this year, but I am having trouble deciding on which one to buy. Should I go for the Samsung phone or the iPhone which has yet to release this year? I don't really care about how much it costs, just how well it will perform.

Solution
You should wait until the iPhone gets released. You'll have the option to choose from the latest devices from both manufacturers.
Also, I've read reports about exploding batteries in Note 7 and samsung has stopped the production for further testing. So it would be better to wait until the iPhone is released and hopefully till then samsung should have also resolved the problem. But if you wanna buy right now I would recommend the S7 edge.

darthvader30

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
You should wait until the iPhone gets released. You'll have the option to choose from the latest devices from both manufacturers.
Also, I've read reports about exploding batteries in Note 7 and samsung has stopped the production for further testing. So it would be better to wait until the iPhone is released and hopefully till then samsung should have also resolved the problem. But if you wanna buy right now I would recommend the S7 edge.

Solution

CelicaGT

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Full blown recall on the Note 7, shame as it sounds like a brilliant phone. But at least the OP's decision got a little easier <.<

darthvader30

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

We'll know after it gets announced. But personally I would go with samsung for the waterproofing and expandable storage. The rest is based on personal choice which one you like, iOS or Android.