iPhone DRM App Claims It Can Stop All Pirates

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syranetic

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I love when companies like this instigate crackers to purposely try to go after their protection schemes as soon as possible. I want to see the follow-up article to this, "Cracker breaks Kali DRM in 24 hours".

I don't even use/want an iPhone anyway...

ag3nt smith

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
If this app really does stop pirating; I'm George W. Bush! There are many hackers out there and if one group got together and REALLY wanted to crack a shitty POS software; they could in a few weeks... maybe days. As said on the Matrix - "Its like hacking a computer, it just takes time."

deadrats

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
3 things:

1) how funny would it be if someone pirated this software that's supposed to protect against an app being pirated? in other words, if instead of licensing this technology iphone app developers "stole" it and used it to "protect" their apps without buying the drm software, i think that would be hillarious.

2) i wonder if the developers of "kali" are able to protect "kali" with "kali", in other words if "kali" is supposed to "wrap" an application in another layer of code protection, can they use it to "wrap" the "wrapper"?

3) @ASmartDeveloper: ROTFLMAO!!! just too funny!!! do you even realize that the ntfs doesn't use a file allocation table? or that it's not possible to zero out a hdd that windows resides on when windows is running?

there's just so much wrong with your claims that i don't have the patience to correct your misconceptions.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I give it 4 hours after release, since a challenge was issued.

Perhaps the maker of the App wants everyone to crack it so he can plug those holes before the official release?

Status
Not open for further replies.