iPhone is Most Popular Camera on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Lies , Corporate lies , Benchmarks , Statistics. (or is it statistics then benchmarks)
Anyway, quality of a product should be judged by first hand experience, or by trusted reviews. The later, unbiased and unsold are hard to find. Flickr is just a silly way to compare and judge.

leafblower29

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I know I'm gonna get a bunch of thumbs down for saying this but I didn't know people used the iPhone's camera. I didn't even know it had one.

Silenthillnight

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
they should make it even and bunch up all of Canon's EOS DSLRs into one just like they did with the iphone 2g, 3g and 3gs. Skewing facts makes a baby cry.

G

yes, but how many of those photos are actually good? Putting a whole bunch of crap photos on a site doesn't prove anything other than you have a lot of time to waste.

Sraigux

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Flikr is not some photobucket crap that you can just post snapshots on. You originally needed some photographic skill to actually be recognised. It is a sad world we live in.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Indeed i would never compare my iphone camera to a real camera or even most other phones... But i have taken some pretty good pics with mine, u b surprised. I have also taken some shitastic pics with it too.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Silenthillnight[/nom]they should make it even and bunch up all of Canon's EOS DSLRs into one just like they did with the iphone 2g, 3g and 3gs. Skewing facts makes a baby cry.[/citation]
This is a good point... there are two similar Canon Camera's with there own stats, Why isnt there multiple iphone stats even for the 2meg/3meg

G

They determined this by reading the EXIF tag on the photos. The iPhone and pretty much every other camera also includes your GPS location of where the photo was taken in the EXIF tag. That's not really very useful, but taking forensics on everybody, all the time, without proper cause for suspicion is the hallmark of a police-state.

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
This is so skewed its ridiculous. Think about how many Flickr users own and use the exact same model of camera vs how many own an iphone which has mandatory built in internet access. Of course the iphone is going to have little trouble nabbing top spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.