iPhone OS 3.0 Released on iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhodjaev

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I have ATT line
and i have a problem with my phone... it is in emergency mode right now... for some reasons itunes cannot access to itunes store, i am stuck there...
what a surprise....
now after 4-5 trials my iphone is active with new 3.9 version:)

flip_x

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
They need to fix a few things! in text lol use to be like LOL now its Lol.. in the camara there is just black box on the bottom left to view other pictures..

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]flip_x[/nom]They need to fix a few things! in text lol use to be like LOL now its Lol.. in the camara there is just black box on the bottom left to view other pictures..[/citation]

once you take a pic that black box shows the last pic taken so you can press it and then select what you want to do with it.

everyone keeps saying MMS but please realize with ATT you still don't have MMS until late summer. also, tethering still isn't available with ATT.

so basically, the update was fun to get excited about but once it's installed your left with a dull feeling.

Asinger93

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
SO, how do u get it on the iPod Touch? I looked on the updates section of the app store, but there was nothing there...

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
You have to pay $10 to get it for the iPod Touch. I really don't think the changes are worth it for the iPod. It is pretty clear the iPhone is in mind when the software is written.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]OHHHH....A new software upgrade that.....hang on, my last 3 non apple phones have supported all that already.[/citation]

Seriously? everyone knows this already. all phones have pros and cons.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Ouch... I just bought a Samsung Omnia.. and gotta say, lovin it as an iphone substitute. You should see the camera on the Omnia, frickin unbelievable! it's 5MP with as much features if not more features than my nikon point and shoot. Iphone should really beef up it's camera a bit, perhaps ad a dedicated flash? what's an extra $100 to the price tag.

G

Downloaded the new OS for my 3G today about 1:15pm est (had the day off) and installed with no issues. My thoughts:
-The following work as advertised with no caveats:
--Landscape mode for native apps (awesome!)
--Voicememos
--YouTube
--Shake to shuffle
--Spotlight
--iTunes store accounts
--parental controls (for all those untrustworthy teens)
--in app purchases
-copy and paste work as advertised, however magnifier is a more finicky, you can forget get the cursor in the middle of a word that
-apps load a bit faster but not anything to jump up and down about
is more than six letters
-yes you can send multiple picture, however, you must copy and paste from photos. I remember seeing a screen shot where you could select multiple photos at the same time within photos...you cannot do this
-Safari loads pages a tad faster, again nothing to jump up and down about
-iTunes actually seems to load the home page slower, I guess this is to be expected since it's loading more
-Neither MMS nor tethering supposed to work yet (thanks AT&T) so I don't know why people are complaining
-haven't used the bluetooth so no comment here
-Several apps now have updates for the new OS which generally are improved

briandr

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
i upgraded to 3.0 today knowing exactly what i was getting, but it is still crap that the features like voice control and video support that are available in the new 3g S arnt available for the regular 3g.........

there is no way that the current hardware doesn't support the voice control stuff, and im sure the only reason they haven't enabled the video feature is because they arnt satisfied with the quality. sometimes crappy video is better than no video at all

i hate that they are treating their customers so horribly, considering that even if a current user wanted to upgrade they cant because they are locked into a 2yr contract

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]briandr[/nom]i hate that they are treating their customers so horribly, considering that even if a current user wanted to upgrade they cant because they are locked into a 2yr contract[/citation]

My god...not this again. Why should this phone/account/contract be any different from ANY OTHER? You signed a contract for two years, deal with it. Everybody knows what they are getting themselves into when they sign a 2 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.