iPhone 'Pwnage' Jailbreak Software Out for 3.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Err.. This news is not so "new"..
Also, there's a "blackra1n" for an easier jailbreak on iphone/ipod 3.1.x and it's for Windows.. Again, this update will kill your yellowsnow/redsnow/whateversnow unlock you did unless you use a "custom" 3.1.x firmware..

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Scotteq[/nom]...AKA "iBrick 2.0"[/citation]

Um you must be seriously stupid if this app bricks your phone.

G

Actually the Blackra1n is the only jailbreak program for the ipod touch 3rd gen which I have but the only drawback is that when you completely turn off the touch the itunes screen appear and you need to rerun blackra1n on the computer but that takes 5 sec. For iphone users its not recommended because this will not unlock the iphone only jialbreak.

timberwolf1128

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]On the one hand, I don't think apple should be so keen on screwing over people who obviously bought and like their products just because those custimers want to expand their phone's capabilities.[/citation]

Because don't you remember that if you jailbreak your iphone terrorists will be able to use it to hijack the cell phone towers and destroy the world?

G

As a Windows/Linux developer who has never actually developed a mobile phone OS:

HOW F*CKING HARD CAN IT BE TO PREVENT THIS SH*T FROM HAPPENING? GEEZ-US, YOU HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OVER THE OS AND THE HARDWARE, YET YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO PREVENT THIS KIND OF THING!?!?!?!?! YOU COULD EASILY ADD A COMPLETELY UN-REMOVABLE ROOTKIT TO C0CK-BLOCK ANY ATTEMPT AT THIS, AND YOU STILL FAIL???? I CAN THINK OF 10 DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE THIS IMPOSSIBLE OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: No developer with actual talent would ever work for Apple.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]On the one hand, I don't think apple should be so keen on screwing over people who obviously bought and like their products just because those custimers want to expand their phone's capabilities.On the other hand, I don't see why the jailbreakers don't just get a handset made by a company that isn't run by precious little control freaks. -Unless it is purely for the challenge, in which case Apple is kind of catering to their needs... :-S[/citation]
We all love a challenge.
We all also love to fight for something.
The iPhone apparantly is the fix some people need.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I'm all about phone hacking (even though I don't own an iPhone) no matter what the product is. But then again Apple is the most strict on what you do with YOUR purchase than any other company I've seen.

G

I wish people would just stop buying the closed iphone system. Who wants to deal with this crap? Sholes will be my next phone, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.