iPod, iPhones Banned in Bill Gates' Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Well, I am sure that the CEO of Pepsi feels like a coke from time to time, but its something you just don't do.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well with this logic, there goes my theory that Jobs really isn't sick and is playing GoW2 on his 360 in his basement eating Cheetos.

FrustratedRhino

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
"Does this mean Bill’s kids are stuck with Zunes? Ouch." This kind of reporting is 3rd Grade. Try being an adult.
It is Apple jerks that say crap like that, that lead to the hordes of non Apple-acolytes disliking anything Apple.

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]E7130[/nom]Well, I am sure that the CEO of Pepsi feels like a coke from time to time, but its something you just don't do.[/citation]

Yeah, I understand Pepsi employees undergo regular drug tests and are fired if it comes back positive for coke.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Ha so his kids are forced to have better PMPs and phones? Not all that bad to me. Little gates has a Black Berry and a Cowon S9, OH NO THEY HAVE GOOD ELECTRONICS!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Poor Bill can’t use Apple products...

I guess hell have to find something else to do with hie 50+ BILLION!
I dunno, like just hire whatever band he likes to walk around with him playing live! :)

Herbert_HA

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]FrustratedRhino[/nom]"Does this mean Bill’s kids are stuck with Zunes? Ouch." This kind of reporting is 3rd Grade. Try being an adult.It is Apple jerks that say crap like that, that lead to the hordes of non Apple-acolytes disliking anything Apple.[/citation]

I don't believe that she meant it was a bummer they aren't allowed to have an iPod, just that it sucks to have a Zune. It's not an Apple fan thing to say the Zune is crap. It's just common sense...
The thing froze on new year's eve!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Does this mean Bill’s kids are stuck with Zunes? Ouch.

Think again. His kids' assistants are stuck with Zunes. A Gates has no need for plebeian manual operation of an entertainment device! Hell, I bet if you are a Gates you don't bother collecting MP3s, you simply have your favorite band or two follow you around ready to play at will.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
So what's the big deal? I'd rather have a Zune or even better, a Creative Zen than an iPod/iTouch. For an iPhone substitute I'll wait till more products with Android comes out or get a Blackberry.

MrF430

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
[citation][nom]herbert_ha[/nom]I don't believe that she meant it was a bummer they aren't allowed to have an iPod, just that it sucks to have a Zune. It's not an Apple fan thing to say the Zune is crap. It's just common sense...The thing froze on new year's eve![/citation]

OH NOEZ the end is near!!!!! The OLD 30g Zunes froze for a day on New Years!!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!!1!11Y&⌠╢├$♣nw╟Rü111!!jf84!one!

Funny little fanboys! Compare the Zune to the iPOD (not touch) the Zune has it beat in features, UI, price, reliability, hardware, earphones! the list can go on and on...

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
This is the same thing with any sponsorship deal. If you are sponsored by Bud Light, you aren't allowed to be seen drinking Sam Adams or Miller. If you are sponsored by Pepsi, you can't be seen drinking a coke.

While Bill founded Microsoft, and isn't necessarily a corporate puppet like a celeb shilling someone's product, he is still a major face of the company. Remember the backlash when it was though that Obama might be using a Zune after professing his love for his iPod? Just think how much it would hurt Microsoft's image if one of Bill's kids was seen walking around with those pretentious... er, I mean iconic white earbuds hanging from their head?

bunnyblaster

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
This article makes me laugh in a recession market. Thank you for posting it.

It's fair I guess. It's like a GM employee telling his kids that they cannot buy a Lexus car under his/her care.

G

Unless it's something you hate, I don't think you're undermining your company by buying one (or even 2.000, one for each employee for what it's worth).
If a product is good, you should be able to enjoy it, just like you can enjoy a good sandwich at Taco Bell, or Burger King, or drive a car from another brand than Chevrolet!

Besides, it's not like MS is creating an iphone like device (phone+MP3+apple soft)

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
How would you feel if the kids the Mercedes CEO were all driving BMWs?..... That's not a pretty picture. And, this has nothing to do with how good Apple or Microsoft products are, it's just a image thing, because Mr. Gates is a public figure, his family has to support the image he's representing, the image of Microsoft, and I applaud them for doing that.

G

iphone is a gay device i never liked it not for pros windows mobile has more potintial

G

@FrustratedRhino: I don't dislike Apple because of the Apple zealots, I dislike Apple because of Apple(although the Apple zealots certainly don't help).

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
oh leave Jane alone... it's this insane notion that everything should be sanitized of any irreverence that makes news so bland. it makes tom's tom's and not cnn or your blog... why does everyone insist on making each website meet their needs and specifications only? aren't you there to see wot they have to say and not only wot you want to see/hear?

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]MrF430[/nom]OH NOEZ the end is near!!!!! The OLD 30g Zunes froze for a day on New Years!!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!!1!11Y&⌠╢├$♣nw╟Rü111!!jf84!one!Funny little fanboys! Compare the Zune to the iPOD (not touch) the Zune has it beat in features, UI, price, reliability, hardware, earphones! the list can go on and on...[/citation]You know it's funny, I get the feeling you're a hater of apple if choosing a well established piece of hardware raises so much of your ire. |fanboy|=|hater|:: roughly, the absolute value of a fanboy is equal to the absolute value of a hater. I don't see the difference between the two, simply one is positive and one negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.