Iran Giving Google's Email The Boot

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ik242

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]The only reason why people go to the USA for surgery is because there is a doctor/nurse shortage in Canada due to underfunding the health care system.[/citation]

we all are underfunded and health care does get quite decent chunk of money. we still need better system because this one is corrupt.i took my son to ER two years ago. they identified that pain he was suffering from is caused by appendix that is about to burst and stated that he should be operated on right away. 18 hours later he was still in same place but his appendix was ruptured. another few hours later he did receive surgery but because it came so late, he was tied to bed for over a week. the sad part is not that this happened but that "they were waiting for doctor". it turned out the doctor was same guys that spent hours next to us, flirting with nurses, went home, cane next day on next shift, chatted some more and then went on to do some work. that's crappy service you get here... yes there is plenty of hardworking medics but as long as there is few of such a-holes, there will be people who want alternative - even if you have to pay for it out of own pocket.

ik242

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
i have no objection to have only public health care but - there need to be competition. i say split healthcare system into two or three equal networks. they need to compete for reputation, customers and funding.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]Um sure...its Camel Lights. But I doubt you smoke just by your tone. So why ask what I am smoking if ur not going to smoke it with me?So you would prefer Obama's free universal healthcare where the Govt pretty much regulates (more like control/dictate) where, who, when you see a physician? Apparently you don't understand the Health Plans proposed by the Messiah, Princess Plowlosky, and Hairy Reed, will do. So if you are told by the Govt you have to wait 6 months for approval for a physician visit or sugery....that is freedom of choice? Sounds like that is your "Option" you are talking about. Yes Health Care is expensive for some and that is where assistance is needed, but for the other half or so, they don't want to work but wait for Govt hand outs. You ever wonder why the Rich from Canada and Europe fly into the US to do surgerys and visit thier US physicians - have you...EVER...Wondered? And you know why? Yes our Health Care system needs looking into and some reform but not at the cost of giving up our rights choosing a physician who, what, when, where, and why, to visit.[/citation]

Seriously... turn off Glenn Beck.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Oh well.... hey Tom!!... we probably need a Tom's Healthcare Guide, Tom's politics Guide, or Tom's Whatever Guide here...

Some people here seems like them a lot...;)

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]man.... can people here stay on the topic and leave your political statemnt at home?A lot of post here are not topic related and many of them are not even tech related!!!!Heath care problem is an important topic... but NOT FOR HERE!!![/citation]
I would agree that we've gotten off-topic quite a bit, but being able to turn any medium into a relatively positive discussion shouldn't be enough to get your panties in a wad.

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
Ok well fine, if this topic is gonna go politco so be it. This only happened because r3t4rd opened his mouth and started spouting nonsense about how the obama administration would love to try and pull what Iran is doing, which is absurd beyond recognition. I dont even know where to begin. For starters, ever heard of something called net neutrality? Please, look it up. The obama administration is doing everything they CAN to keep the internet the way we like it. If it were up to people like the McPalin camp, your legislators would be bought off and sign bills to allow your monopolistic ISP to control what you see and when you see it. Want to visit Tom's during prime time? Why that will be an extra $1.99 per hour sir. Want to visit another tech related site? Too bad, it's not part of your service package. Upgrade now to "internet ultra" and get access to 100 more websites! All for $99.99!

Do you see where this is going? ISP's are backing republican lobbyists to try and turn the internet into a home television type of subscription service. HBO, showtime, stars, those all cost extra. So will access to various websites, which you will have to buy in tiered packages. You can basically kiss the internet goodbye if it were up to the neocon's running this country. Too bad they're too stupid to realize it.

As for healthcare, I love these conservative types who always claim to have canadian friends, and who all conveniently had heart bypass surgery and spinal reconstruction in the last 2 years and had to wait 6 months just to see a doctor about it. I have started numerous polls on international forums such as this one asking for all users of universal healthcare, be it european or canadian, to vote their opinion on the service, and EVERY SINGLE TIME these polls get 100% unanimous support for the system, +-2% of douchebag right wingers who try to vote negatively to tip the scale.

The truth is, universal healthcare is already a proven success, end of story. It's amusing to watch fox news nutjobs constantly pound on it and use ridiculous isolated examples to try and paint the whole system bad. Yea, waiting 6 months for a catscan might suck, BUT AT LEAST YOU GET ONE PERFORMED. In america, if you cant afford it, YOU CAN JUST ROTT IN YOUR HOUSE AND DIE. Funny how these guys have no problems putting tax dollars into our military, police, fire department, libraries, public school system, or highway control. Yea it must be nice to have some truck show up at 2am and spray your house with water should it accidentally catch on fire, and charge you $0. Pretty sure the bill would be about $10,000 if you had to pay out of pocket, or how about $300/month for the rest of your life if you want access to the services.

In a country as nice as this, it's ridiculous to watch someone die of an infected finger nail. We want a healthy population just as much as an educated one, which is why giving everyone opportunity to healthcare is a must have. Like I said, there is no room for debate, because it has already been proven a success. Trying to give all these hypotheticals about how bad it will become is pointless, because it's all baseless and has zero evidence to support it.

And our american healthcare system is not as free as these delusional middle america farmers think it is either. They say they dont want the gov't having any say when and what kind of treatment you can get. BUT YOUR INSURANCE PROVIDER ALREADY DOES THIS. If your insurance provider doesnt feel like paying for your treatment because they deem it unnecessary, guess what, YOU'RE SCREWED. You dont just get to walk into any hospital in this country and get treated for anything you feel like. Your health insurer tries to block payment for every possible reason they can find. And even when they are so gracious as to actually pay for your medical bills, they only pay for SOME OF IT. Usually in the 80% range for critical bills, and then it gradually gets lower and lower. Injured by a hit and run driver and require a leg amputation? Well the procedure itself will run you about $40,000. Insurance will cover about 80%, if you're lucky that is, so you owe $8000 cash right up front. Then of course there's rehab, prosthetics, medication, etc etc. After your insurance provider is finished paying for it, you'll probably be stuck with $30,000 in bills of your own money. Thats about when you declare bankruptcy because you only make $50,000 per year and owe on a house, car, and have 2 kids. Thats how our great american insurance system works.

And if you dont have it, well then you'll get your initial treatment, but you can learn to walk again on your own, with a cane, or a wheelchair, and with a limp the rest of your life.

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
Yea well thats r3tard for ya lol. Seriously, every single thread he does this. The new HD 5570 is released, "goddamn liberals and their pandering to lower income pc's", and on and on, it just never stops. Wish he would just find some liberal forum so he can troll there all day and be the flamebait center of attention he so desperately desires. Tom's should have an eventual ban for so many negative feedbacks, his posts average about -16.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]The internet should have stayed the providence of the US military for their command and control system in the event of nuclear war.[/citation]
then you wouldn't have a place to make dumb comments?

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom] You ever wonder why the Rich from Canada and Europe fly into the US to do surgerys and visit thier US physicians - have you...EVER...Wondered? And you know why? Yes our Health Care system needs looking into and some reform but not at the cost of giving up our rights choosing a physician who, what, when, where, and why, to visit.[/citation]
You need some facts.

for starters, Canada's health care system is FAR superior to yours, in fact they both suck! I live in Canada and when i need to see a doctor i go to my local medi-center where i am usually in/out in about 1-2 hrs.. for FREE. If i require some type of surgery yes there may be long lines (possibly months) but it is FREE. If I NEED a heart transplant i don't need to find 100k or whatever you pay to keep my life.... yes, it is FREE. Now lets say i did have a lot of money... sure i can just fly on down to crap ol' USA and get it done, but you my friend will die before you get the cash... i @ least have options and if (god willing) i have enough time can have treatments FREE!

Is Canada's health system flawed? Hell yes, but it's FREE.
Is USA's health system flawed? what health system? now run for your yearly physical and pay up that $60 +

***DISCLAIMER***
The term "FREE" really means paid in full via municipal, Provincial and Federal tax. Nothing is "FREE".

Status
Not open for further replies.