Iran Giving Google's Email The Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Iran plans to roll out a national email service for local citizens == Irans government wants to control what its citizens write to eachother to avoid being overthrown.

Damn fascists, leave already.

G

"announcement came from Iran's telecommunications agency, announcing that the move is a step towards building trust between the government and the people."

This will surely have he opposiet affect

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
The internet should have stayed the providence of the US military for their command and control system in the event of nuclear war.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]The internet should have stayed the providence of the US military for their command and control system in the event of nuclear war.[/citation]

But, then we wouldn't be able to post assinine comments on websites, now would we?

G

I smell racism; one of the many products of corrupted media

you people don't seem to know about what you all are talking about. Stick to overclocking your PCs :p

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
It's about time Google hires some private ass-ass-ins and send a mercenary army to these two countries after the US government fails to protect their interest. Google might also stop paying taxes because of that too.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
If Obama, his Administration, and the far Left had its way here in the US...it'd be the same. Its already bad enough Obama and his goons wants to choose our Health Care and make decisions for us. Good thing there is still true conservatives who will oppose it if it ever happend - I am not talking about the Republicans either. Republicans nowadays, is what I call the real Delta Farce.

mtalonm

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
r3t4rd...can I have what you are smoking? Since when has any health care plan proposed making decisions for us? It's giving the option to people who can't afford the insanely expensive costs as they are!

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]mtalonm[/nom]r3t4rd...can I have what you are smoking? Since when has any health care plan proposed making decisions for us? It's giving the option to people who can't afford the insanely expensive costs as they are![/citation]
Um sure...its Camel Lights. But I doubt you smoke just by your tone. So why ask what I am smoking if ur not going to smoke it with me?

So you would prefer Obama's free universal healthcare where the Govt pretty much regulates (more like control/dictate) where, who, when you see a physician? Apparently you don't understand the Health Plans proposed by the Messiah, Princess Plowlosky, and Hairy Reed, will do. So if you are told by the Govt you have to wait 6 months for approval for a physician visit or sugery....that is freedom of choice? Sounds like that is your "Option" you are talking about.

Yes Health Care is expensive for some and that is where assistance is needed, but for the other half or so, they don't want to work but wait for Govt hand outs.

You ever wonder why the Rich from Canada and Europe fly into the US to do surgerys and visit thier US physicians - have you...EVER...Wondered? And you know why?

Yes our Health Care system needs looking into and some reform but not at the cost of giving up our rights choosing a physician who, what, when, where, and why, to visit.

G

r3t4rd. your view is just "funny"... , "You ever wonder why the Rich from Canada and Europe fly into the US to do surgerys and visit thier US physicians - have you...EVER...Wondered? And you know why?"

I think you answered your own question no?, cause they are very rich and want the best care possible. I dont think that anyone denies the US health care is the best for the very rich, these people arent under a "US HEALTH PLAN" they pay and get treated as such. this is is not what the plan discussed by the government has ANY IMPACT ON, on these example or people in the US with private plans and money. I have private health insurance.. good one.. I can afford it and the plans on the table wont change that ONE BIT, let me just clarify that again, it will not change my health care plan ONE BIT*and if you dissagree please tell me how my PRIVATE blue cross plan will be limited or my choices of who and when I get care. The plan on health care reform focuses on those that DONT have health care or cant afford it, the perception that this plan will limit people that already have coverage is just plain wrong.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
The only reason why people go to the USA for surgery is because there is a doctor/nurse shortage in Canada due to underfunding the health care system.

G

"Wednesday's announcement came from Iran's telecommunications agency, announcing that the move is a step towards building trust between the government and the people."

Right. Building trust by making sure you can access everyone's e-mails.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Didn’t Google gave in and said they will stay? It is also why everybody named Clinton is so into Haiti’s relief effort to avoid the camera.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ChimChimney[/nom]I think you answered your own question no?, cause they are very rich and want the best care possible.[/citation]
Rather you just answered my question and your own. I'm not rich yet I get the same as these rich people. And I have my own private Health Plans through my employer. Universal Health Plans will Blanket everyone except ofcourse the people who has power in congress - They can exclude themselves like always. And what will this do? It will force all employers to use the Health Plan system setup by the Govt for its employees. The Govt will still say "Oh..no its still your "Private" Health Plan by your employer. But in reality, its based on the Govt's Health Plan. So you can basically kiss your "Private" Health Plan goodbye. It will affect the private sector as well. Again...example look at Canada and Europe. People have to wait months to years for physician visit or surgery due to Universal Health Plans which gets back to my point of rich people.

[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]The only reason why people go to the USA for surgery is because there is a doctor/nurse shortage in Canada due to underfunding the health care system.[/citation]
Exactly. You just answered my question as well. This is what universal Health Plans will do. Its not underfunding, its simple math - 500 clinic allocated $1000, clinics needs $100 for said treatment, there is 100 people that needs this treatment, how do you think this is going to turn out? Its because everyone has Health Care and thus there are more people in the clinics but I'll get back to this subject. Instead of competition for paitients, Services, and Innovation, all this will do is stall everything. Health/Dental Clinics in Canada and Europe are behind in technology due to this very reason and that is another reason why people come to the US because of our privatized Health Network and competition.

Now back to the subject I left off, Here in the US not everyone gets Health Care. And by this, there are pros and cons, but one major Pro from this is it keeps competition and inovation up.

Do I want everyone to have Health Care yes I do but only if you deserve it. If you are just sitting there doing nothing and willing to do nothing just waiting for a Govt hand out, you, don't deserve it. If you work hard like every other american does, but can't afford it or don't have it, you deserve it. And there will be special cases which i will not delve into.

So my last question: Are you willing to give out 1/4 of your income to support a person who doesn't want to do anything except just sit there and wait for you to give him/her your money in the form of Govt Hand out???? If you answer "Yes"....there is something wrong with you.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Retard: If you really want to get your point across, try a neutral approach. Quit being so polarized. And remember: "A good mind is one that is open to change."

As for our healthcare's future and what it might mean to the rest of us, I think we've got a little too much faith in our politicians. They call themselves public servants, but they make triple the average American salary, and they've got their own health plan they say would be too expensive to let every American have.

My research has led me to the conclusion that we've got a real problem here.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I guess I should also point out that it's the health insurance companies that have forced this issue. If they had honored their commitments instead of finding loopholes for every time they didn't want to pay up, they might have been able to prevent all of this.

Boy, we really got off-topic here. Google and Iran, eh? It might also have something to do with Google starting to cooperate with the NSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.