Got the IRQL BSOD, laptop then proceeded to restart as expected, except the Acer logo screen stayed for longer than usual, then after several minutes I got another BSOD with no explanation, just the text about the PC running into problems, after that it reboots almost instantly, but stays on the Acer logo screen with the words "Preparing Automatic Repair" at the bottom. After a little bit, the laptop just black screen. Acer Aspire E15 if it means anything, running windows 8
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still stay on the black screen, press CTRL+ATL+DEL and select Task Manager if it will open. On Task Manager click on File then select New Task and type in explorer.exe and see if your desktop screen will come up.
- If this will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows.
- Here's a guide on how to run a factory reset with your Acer laptop.
- If the factory reset will not work as well then the problem may be a hardware related issue. (HDD)
- If you have a spare HDD try replacing the HDD of your laptop and install a new OS and see if it will work or not.