Is 4GB of Memory Enough?

jbw716

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014
Hello! I have been looking at this ultrabook. I am wondering, will only 4GB of memory be enough to handle the occasional game in low settings and a little bit of Sony Vegas rendering using Intel Quick-Sync? I will only need to do these things on it whenever I am without access to my desktop. Thanks for any help!

Solution
It should be OK as long as you haven't loaded much else into memory that runs in the background - bloatware eg anti virus, afterburner, Chrome, etc

So most of us do, and that's why 8GB is recommended now.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
At least 6 GB. Honestly I have 16GB of memory and my computer never uses more than 5 unless im doing video editing or photoshop.

If your going to do video editing or photoshop you need more than 4GB

jbw716

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014

What if my budget is around $400, and I can get this Lenovo ThinkPad Twist s230u within my budget? I was wanting an ultrabook, but I am a bit tight for cash right now. Will still suffice, or should I look into some other options?
And I am usually pretty good about watching out for background programs and bloatware.

jbw716

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014

Unfortunately, from what I understand, the Lenovo ThinkPad Twist s230u has the RAM soldered onto the board. :/