is 90°C Temp Normal For Laptop When Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwer123asdf

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
i have an Acer Aspire F15 F5-573G-780B
temp of CPU and Mobo hits 90°C - 93°C is this normal when gaming? im playing Guildwars2 , nba 2k17 , Dota 2. heres a link for the image and full specs of the laptop. thx in advance guys
http://

Solution

the main consequence of the fan running with it full speed is the reliability, it will last shorter but i cant really specify the age decreasing. the best way you can do is pretty much doing undervolt, the temperature decrease vary, my laptop that has i5-7200u have like average 8-10 C decrease and the battery last kinda longer too

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
nah not really, it is near the limit of max temp and it can make your cpu throttle and also for sure it is really bad for long term usage. i suggest you to use that laptop on hard surface so it can cool components properly, get a vacuum fan cooler or cooling pad to help it cool down, and if you can do some disassembly and have no problem with doing dat, you can re-apply the thermal paste with the better one, also if you want to tweak the config a bit, you can do down volt which is reducing the volt a bit(vary on every processor) using intel extreme tuning utility and make the processor make a bit less heat

qwer123asdf

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
@nvincent_08 im already using a cooling pad with a 200mm diameter fan running at 700rpm, do u think re applying thermal paste would be better? this is just a 2 months old laptop tho

@Phillip Corcoran no sir after 5mins only of gaming the temp suddenly goes at 90C.

Memphisto

Prominent
May 6, 2017

Hello!

How old is this Laptop?
I mean laptops do get very hot but 90°C is TOO hot....

As the guy above i would recommend to reapply some good thermal paste... but only if it has no warranty anymore...

Greetz Memphisto

EDIT:
Sorry these posts got in after me writing this....
Well if it really is only 2 Months old i would recommend writing the support and asking if this is normal.... probably not...
maybe you get a replacement

Memphisto

Prominent
May 6, 2017
What you could also do (if possible) is to Undervolt the CPU a little bit...
Most of the time the Voltages are higher than needed.. so that also the bad chips also work...

Undervolting should at least give you some C

Greets

qwer123asdf

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
@Lim_4_ ill try your suggestion will update u soon

@Memphisto thx sir for answering will try sir Lim_4_ suggestion if temp stays the same i will undervold the cpu.

Thx a lot guys

qwer123asdf

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
@Lim_4_ your suggestion works man the temp drop now playing on 75-80C while gaming , but is there a consequence when my fan is rotating 75%-100% when gaming? for example in the long run. thx in advance

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

the main consequence of the fan running with it full speed is the reliability, it will last shorter but i cant really specify the age decreasing. the best way you can do is pretty much doing undervolt, the temperature decrease vary, my laptop that has i5-7200u have like average 8-10 C decrease and the battery last kinda longer too

Solution

adhamwsoliman

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

I had the same issue as you when my laptop's CPU went up to 90c.
you could download throttlestop and undervolt your cpu, apply new thermal paste, and disable turbo boost if its not an issue for you.
For my laptop i undervolted and disabled Turbo boost and as a result my CPU temp. went from 85-90c to 70-74c while playing a demanding game.

Status
Not open for further replies.