Is a acer aspire E1 compatible with an E- GPU?

Timzone

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
I am thinking of connecting an E-GPU to my Acer Aspire E1 for around $300. I am wondering if it my laptop is compatible or if I should just build a desktop with the same amount of money.

Solution
Theoretically speaking it should be able to accommodate an E-GPU (please note I said theoretically.) Essentially, the the goal is to have a pci-e GPU connected to your laptop so that it will be recognized by the operating system. This can be attained by removing your wireless adapter from the Mini PCI-E slot on your mother board (Yes, you'll have to pull the laptop's bottom cover. It's not just a plug and go process.) and inserting some kind of PCI-e mini to PCI-e adapter. These are usually risers but, I've seen some level of variety. At this point, I really can't tell you exactly what to do as I don't know how you are going actually set this up but all that needs to be done now is to connect the GPU to the riser cable (if that's what...

David-Lee

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Theoretically speaking it should be able to accommodate an E-GPU (please note I said theoretically.) Essentially, the the goal is to have a pci-e GPU connected to your laptop so that it will be recognized by the operating system. This can be attained by removing your wireless adapter from the Mini PCI-E slot on your mother board (Yes, you'll have to pull the laptop's bottom cover. It's not just a plug and go process.) and inserting some kind of PCI-e mini to PCI-e adapter. These are usually risers but, I've seen some level of variety. At this point, I really can't tell you exactly what to do as I don't know how you are going actually set this up but all that needs to be done now is to connect the GPU to the riser cable (if that's what you're using). Depending on the gpu, you might need a power supply unit since your laptop may not provide enough power.
Now you just boot up and install your drivers.

Solution