Is Apple Closer to Launching 'iRadio' Streaming Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]who cares!!!![/citation]
You apparently do.
[citation][nom]blackmancer[/nom]streaming radio over the internet, what will they think of next![/citation]
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]Apple... innovation mimicry at its finest.[/citation]
Do you ridicule GM or Toyota for making cars rather than let Ford or Mercedes make all of them? Or is it only Apple that gets bashed for doing something someone else has already done? Let's face it, if that was the case, we would have only one radio station, one TV network and such. Choice is good. There is nothing wrong with Apple doing this and it complements their existing services quite well.

I do hope they offer an Android version of this. Choice is always a good thing and competition spurs increased innovation, and it would be no different than how they made iTunes for Windows or how Google makes apps for iOS.

AndroidWon

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
otacon72 03/30/2013 1:41 PM

Don't say any positive about Apple in here...the Android fanboys will thumb you down..lol

Says the apple iDrone who slams ANYTHING that is not Apple. Let me guess...you are a white christian male from the south and you are right wing? You guys are the dumbest on the planet!

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Says the apple iDrone who slams ANYTHING that is not Apple. Let me guess...you are a white christian male from the south and you are right wing? You guys are the dumbest on the planet![/quote

I think you are the dumbest, not them, for making this kind of stupid, completely irrelevant comment.

FanechkaBronson

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
If you think Stanley`s story is great..., four weeks ago my friend's cousin basically also made the small fortune of $9958 working seventeen hours a week an their house and they're friend's sister`s neighbour done this for 8-months and broght in more than $9958 in their spare time on their mac. the tips here,.......... http://www.miniurl.com/s/7US

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]who cares!!!![/citation]

Who cares? How about Spotify and all the others who will now competing with Apple and its 500 million iTunes accounts (all with credit cards attached for easy purchasing). You better believe they care a great deal.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]leon2006[/nom]That is contrary to the itunes business model...This is just media rumors...[/citation]
How is this contrary to the iTunes business model? Anyone with common sense can see it's a great fit for iTunes. A player could be built right into the program, then you have your app, an Android app, as well as WP8 app if they're smart about it, and especially if they build in the functionality of purchasing songs right through the app.

In fact, if they build in the function to buy the song through iTunes through the app, they could do this for a lot less than the other services charge as iTunes could subsidize it.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Don't say any positive about Apple in here...the Android fanboys will thumb you down..lol[/citation]
I don't worry about the silly fan kiddies on both sides. I have an Android phone and tablet (Droid Bionic and the Asus tf300t) as well as an iPod touch 4th gen and 5th gen and those are essentially iPhones without the phone radio. Each OS has it's strengths and weaknesses and only the blind on both sides think one is obviously better than the other.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]I don't worry about the silly fan kiddies on both sides. I have an Android phone and tablet (Droid Bionic and the Asus tf300t) as well as an iPod touch 4th gen and 5th gen and those are essentially iPhones without the phone radio. Each OS has it's strengths and weaknesses and only the blind on both sides think one is obviously better than the other.[/citation]

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
i don't mind if they do something that is already existing, just DONT CLAIM THAT YOU INVENTED IT.

i can hear it now, they will broadcast repeating messages to continue the brainwashing :)

Violet Gillespie

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
my neighbor's sister-in-law makes $85 every hour on the laptop. She has been without a job for nine months but last month her pay was $18057 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more here,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://qr.net/kgO2

luckyskywalker

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
With Apples upcoming new hardware this year, new services will be included, will Radio be one of them, i don't know.

To me Air Streaming is the best way to use Music, Video and games on all my devices, Only one PC in use for Torrents and media server, all over the wifi Router.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Cons29[/nom]i don't mind if they do something that is already existing, just DONT CLAIM THAT YOU INVENTED IT.i can hear it now, they will broadcast repeating messages to continue the brainwashing[/citation]
They haven't said they invented it. In fact, I've never seen Apple claim they have ever invented things people accuse them of saying they have.

What seems to get people is the fact that Apple patents so much. Well, is that Apple's fault or the patent system's? Perhaps it is ridiculous to patent rounded corners, but at the same time, it's not ridiculous to patent and trademark an overall design. Think of the Coca Cola bottle. That design is in linked to their brand. Many will say "well it's old" and that's true. However, there was a time it wasn't old, that it was in fact new. Apple likes having all their products to have a similar design for consistency. I can understand why.

And while the patent system may need some overhauling, people still need to be able to have ideas to be protected or else all innovation ceases. It also doesn't help your point to scream out in all caps that they shouldn't have done what they never did to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.