Is Apple Terribly Undervalued? A Fund Manager Thinks So

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
If anything, it's overvalued after Steve Jobs died. He was the main reason for Apple's recent successes as he knew what products not to put out. People needed to buy the stock about 8 years ago when it was at around 6 bucks or so a share.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]i hate the sheeps...[/citation]
You may be in a different crowd of sheeps, but nonetheless, you are a sheep also.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]theconsolegamer[/nom]Undervalued? You have to be shitting me! Doesn't Apple's worth is beyond the whole U.S. as a country? You have to be SHITTING ME![/citation]

Read the article, much?

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]'apple thinks it is undervalued.'understatement of the year! (right behind 'zambezi is not overhyped'.)[/citation]

The fund manager mentioned in the article != Apple.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]kristoffe[/nom]It's funny how people are obsessed about "the 99%" and Apple promotes the image of the "1%" in it's own ass backwards way. Apple "genius'" really? No virii? No trojans? Oops not those, let's reword it. All glass shopping centers globally with specially made expensive tempered panels. Overly priced brushed aluminum nonsense. "it's easier to edit graphics...audio...on a mac" #derptardsApple's push of image thoroughly disgusts me as a techie and as an artist as well. I love smooth shapes at times, but the whole "smooth is future" is really a narrow unimaginative point of view. So is the cult of apple, and the apptards who regurgitate nonsense over and over. It's like mormons with magical pants. I really dislike the rabid attempts non techies attempt to babble about apple and then retort with "well I'm not as knowledgeable as you..." wait I thought you were a genius?Seriously, in a world where so many people complain about overspending to have an American image of a computer company obsessed with overvalued products and blatant lies to read this opinion that big apple needs to be even more valued makes me want to vomit or slap the next apptard across the forehead with a rubber chicken.I can't express with enough glee that samsung's ads are so on point about the absurdity of apptards. Thank you samsung, so very much.#trollbegonenow[/citation]

Gee, it all sounds very personal for you. Ever thought about therapy? Nice joke that you are a "techie" and an "artist". I am still chuckling.

G

This guy is trying to inflate the stock even more because he wants to profit on it. I think Apple is actually right about where it should be if not a bit over inflated. The questions remain on Apple going forward such as new products, quality, costs for R&D. Apple has had some really good sustained success. But even a company like Apple can run out of steam for new products.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
If a company turning record profits cant out-do other companies ability to keep their stocks strong (seems like everyone is struggling), shouldnt an alarm bell be ringing somewhere that the stock market is rubbish?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Ofcorse he thinks so as he invested in the company and hope to fool peeps into purchasing the stock so it raises and then he sells claiming it was a mistake and everyone sells... rinse and repeat. And the stock sheeps never seem to get wiser!

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
angry little troll @tmshdw, :) show us your art and your tech knowledge online, a portfolio. poor little angry troll. eat this and go lay down. :)

the therapy needed is incredibly blinded people getting taken by apple, and then bragging they are the "most valuable company". hehe, shareholders in product. consumer gluttons. MORE MORE MORE.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]kristoffe[/nom]angry little troll @tmshdw, show us your art and your tech knowledge online, a portfolio. poor little angry troll. eat this and go lay down. the therapy needed is incredibly blinded people getting taken by apple, and then bragging they are the "most valuable company". hehe, shareholders in product. consumer gluttons. MORE MORE MORE.[/citation]

You realize posts like this make you look like the "blind" one, right?

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
"He blames assaults and negative reporting by publications such as CNBC, Bloomberg, The Street.com or Business Insider for the low valuation"

Really? The media is partly responsible for the Apple craze itself... This guy is either way out of touch or lying through his teeth to try and drive Apple stock up.

Then again, it follows that this is the tactic they use, Apple's expertise is exploitative marketing, not tech.

jonny_76

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
"that the stock has been attacked in a "concerted way", which has only gotten worse since "

A professional fund manager is crying foul. Doesn't he know that 100 people/organizations control the entire US stock market (according to NBC's Jim Cramer) ?

G

What a dumbass. Sure at some point there it was $200 bucks a share 4 years ago, and less than 3 years ago it was $85. It was eveen pretty consistant at ~$80 5 years ago. $80 x 6 = $480. That's not too far off what he is saying for 600%. Also some of this is the forward looking value, so maybe people think they have competition or that Steve Jobs dying might hurt the company. Wow huge leapt to take there, seems like it is priced about right. Only a 81% increase yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.