Is as Laptop using 1366 x 768 fine for gaming or should i spend more and get a laptop with 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Pink

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
Hi

I'm looking to purchase a new laptop which will be used for gaming in the region of £400-£600 and am undecided whether to get a laptop with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 or whether to spend a bit more and get one which is full HD. Basically will a 1366 x 768 display look fine when i am gaming?

Thanks.

Solution
I find 1366x768 to be good enough for games, however, I prefer a laptop with 1080p for doing things outside of simply playing games. I don't have a problem lowering the resolution to 1600x900 or 1366x768 to play games. Of course if you want to play games at higher resolutions then you need to spend more on a laptop that has a GPU that can handle games at that resolution.

If you already have a desktop then just tryout games at 1366x768 resolution instead of whatever the resolution you monitor is. It will not look as good since you are stretching it out to fill a large monitor, but on a laptop it will not look too bad since it has a smaller screen.
I find 1366x768 to be good enough for games, however, I prefer a laptop with 1080p for doing things outside of simply playing games. I don't have a problem lowering the resolution to 1600x900 or 1366x768 to play games. Of course if you want to play games at higher resolutions then you need to spend more on a laptop that has a GPU that can handle games at that resolution.

If you already have a desktop then just tryout games at 1366x768 resolution instead of whatever the resolution you monitor is. It will not look as good since you are stretching it out to fill a large monitor, but on a laptop it will not look too bad since it has a smaller screen.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS