Is CBS All Access Worth It? (Aside from Star Trek: Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apexadam

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Networks that I watched for free growing up become $10/mnth and in addition to other streaming aggregators. NO WAY! I love, love, love StarTrek but all the networks will have to try again, I am tired of paying $10 for a piece of virtual lettuce--I demand the whole meal.

billy.griese

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
In response to apexadam: when you've cut the cord and are no longer paying for cable, you accept that paying the occasional monthly subscription for exclusive content is part of the cost of consuming entertainment you like.

I pay for Netflix $10 per month, Amazon Prime $8 per month, and Netflix DVD $13 per month (for those hard to find titles). I also have been paying for HBO Now for $15 per month, but only when Game of Thrones is on (just two months). CBS All Access is going to be 3 or possibly 4 months at $6 per month - I can live with that. I also buy The Walking Dead from Amazon every year for around $30 per season for standard definition, as I can't bear to wait a year for it to come out on Netflix.

Pretty much I'm paying $31 per month every month, plus $30 for HBO once a year, $30 for The Walking Dead once a year, and say $24 for CBS All Access once a year. That works out to be about $38 per month to watch all the shows and movies I want, whenever I want.

This is way cheaper than paying for U-Verse Cable or Brighthouse Cable (and I hate commericals and not being able to watch on demand). I might end up upgrading my CBS All Access to the $10 version as the commericals drove me insane - that is a side effect of cord cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.