Is CPU upgrade worth it?

Azcam11

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hi,

I'm purchasing my new 15 inch macbook soon and would like to know if the upgrade from a 2.2ghz cpu would be worth the extra £70 to a 2.5ghz.

Thank you in advance

IInuyasha74

Honorable

I think he might be looking at buying them in store. I wouldn't be surprised if Mac has several models with different CPUs, makes sense.

bignastyid

Splendid

Oops mixed it up with another question where they want to replace the cpu.

IInuyasha74

Honorable

No problem, I've done that before too, though when I did it I really really messed up and no one else caught it for like 5 messages. That wasn't pretty lol.

Anyways .3Ghz is quite a bit.

bignastyid

Splendid

Depends on what you use the laptop for. Anything thats real cpu intensive and important, the 70 is probably worth it.

Azcam11

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hi,

Yes I'm looking to buy in store. I'm looking at the entry level 15 inch mac book pro.

http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5005673/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MGXA2B/A&step=config#

This comes with 16gb ram. Quad core i7 2.2ghz and 256gb sad

It will be used for university work including programming using eclipse and ADT.

I don't need much storage space as I have a very powerful desktop at home.

I've never used mac before so I'm just wondering whether to get the upgrade or not? I'm torn between walking Into a store and getting the standard 15 inch version or paying an extra £70 and waiting a week for the upgraded version. I'm reading little bits here and there that the cpu upgrade is not noticeable but would like some advice from anyone who may of had hands on experience with this.

Cheers